Why 601 is different

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why 601 is different

I have a question to ask. I entered illegally,but married a USC.We applied for my papers, I-130 was approved and filed all papers necessary. During my AOS interview the IO didn't tell me if my AOS was denied or not. He gave me a form I-601 and that's a waiver for grounds of exludability. He only advised me to fill it out and submit with proper filing fee. My question is , what's the difference between I-601 and I-690. If you're given both forms which one has a better chance of getting approved?

I have a question to ask. I entered illegally,but married a USC.We applied for my papers, I-130 was approved and filed all papers necessary. During my AOS interview the IO didn't tell me if my AOS was denied or not. He gave me a form I-601 and that's a waiver for grounds of exludability. He only advised me to fill it out and submit with proper filing fee. My question is , what's the difference between I-601 and I-690. If you're given both forms which one has a better chance of getting approved?

Comment

I-690 can only be used when you filed for application for leagl residence under Sections 245A or 210 of the Immigration and Nationality Act which you probably didn't. Therefore you have to file I-601

Comment

I still don't understand what I-690 stands for . I also dont understand what 245A and 210 of INA. Can you elaborate further? Thanks.

Comment

I-690 is basically for people who are inadmissable for mediacal reasons such as Tuberculosis or a mental condition.

Comment

Working...
          X