Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Umesh Passi Please answer !

Hi
    I received an RFE for my I485 from VSC a week back asking for the employment letter and my tax returns. My employer has consented to provide employment letter with the amount specified in the Labor.My tax returns for the last two years show only 40% of what was specified in the Labor certification process as my salary, due to downturn in economy and being in the bench. What are the chances of my I485 getting rejected because I made only 40% of the salary for the past two years ?
    Anybody with knowledge and previous experience please provide your opinions. I would really appreciate it.
    Thanks

Hi
    I received an RFE for my I485 from VSC a week back asking for the employment letter and my tax returns. My employer has consented to provide employment letter with the amount specified in the Labor.My tax returns for the last two years show only 40% of what was specified in the Labor certification process as my salary, due to downturn in economy and being in the bench. What are the chances of my I485 getting rejected because I made only 40% of the salary for the past two years ?
    Anybody with knowledge and previous experience please provide your opinions. I would really appreciate it.
    Thanks

Comment

You have to send your Tax Returns to the Immigration, if they have demanded that. If you made less money, for that there can be several reasons. The employer had offerred you job but due to certain reasons, you worked less may be because of lack of work or vacation or some other reason. Since 9/11 everybody know condition of work in the United States. Your Attorney will answer about this and your employer will give you letter for salary on hourly basis. There should not be any problem, since you are still working with the same employer and paying taxes. You have W-2s to prove your earnings. You need not tell a lie or manupulate anything.
      Good luck.

Comment

Sorry.. Can you explain your statement further ?
        Thanks

Comment

Working...
        X