No announcement yet.

MY PASSPORT IS CONFISCATED, PLS HELP???

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MY PASSPORT IS CONFISCATED, PLS HELP???

Dear Sir,

I am an American Citizen and a permanent resident in Indonesia, which I aquired thru my marriage to a local twenty years ago and I have four children 1, 9, 14 and 17 years of age.

Three years ago the local Immigration Department filed a case of Deportation against me. Apparently I was never given a arraignment or a trial proper, simply a straight Deportation Order?

Fed up with all the nonsense I decided to pack up my bags and decided to leave for the States, leaving my family behind. Surprisingly, at the airport I was apprehended by the Immigration officers and they prevented me from leaving the country claiming that I have a fake American Passport and that they would have to verify it.

Now it has been almost 7 months and my Passport has not been returned to me?

My question to you is it not illegal for them (the Immigration) to hold my passport? Is there a period (time) they could hold the passport and since I do not have a Passport I cannot leave the country, so would that be called Illegal Detention, if not what?

Respectfully,

Johnson Ang, Jr

My e-mail johnsonangjr@hotmail.com

Dear Sir,

I am an American Citizen and a permanent resident in Indonesia, which I aquired thru my marriage to a local twenty years ago and I have four children 1, 9, 14 and 17 years of age.

Three years ago the local Immigration Department filed a case of Deportation against me. Apparently I was never given a arraignment or a trial proper, simply a straight Deportation Order?

Fed up with all the nonsense I decided to pack up my bags and decided to leave for the States, leaving my family behind. Surprisingly, at the airport I was apprehended by the Immigration officers and they prevented me from leaving the country claiming that I have a fake American Passport and that they would have to verify it.

Now it has been almost 7 months and my Passport has not been returned to me?

My question to you is it not illegal for them (the Immigration) to hold my passport? Is there a period (time) they could hold the passport and since I do not have a Passport I cannot leave the country, so would that be called Illegal Detention, if not what?

Respectfully,

Johnson Ang, Jr

My e-mail johnsonangjr@hotmail.com

Comment

I think they should be shot for holding your passport!!!

Comment

I would think that you would be able to leave the country anyway, even here in the USA nobody cares if you leave, they only care if you try to come back... what about using your US drivers lisence or other form of ID on an American airline of some type?

(I am assuming that you have family that can provide a birth certificate or something, and/or some other method to prove citizenship upon arrival)

also is there an american consulate and or embassy there, if so they should be able to replace your passport.

Comment

Get the hell outta there! There is a way to travel even without a passport!

Comment

Contact US Embassy for assistance.

Comment

I UNDERSTAND THE EMBASSY IS CLOSED THERE, WHY NOT CONTACT THE UNITED NATIONS COMMISSION, AS I HAD A FRIEND WHO WAS IN A SIMILAR SITUATION IN THE PHILIPPINES HE CONTACTED THE UN AS THE EMBASSY TOLD HIM TO WAIT FOR THE PASSPORT.

BUIT I HOPE SOME IMMIGRATION LAWYERS WILL READ YOUR MESSAGE AND SUGGEST YOU WHAT TO DO, HOPEFULLY.

GOOD LUCK!!!

Comment

Johnson,
                please pray heard that someone from the Department of Justice will bring Justice to you once they read it!

Comment

Hey Johnson,

Since the embassy is closed contact the INS, send them an e-mail or perhaps to the TIME, NEWW YORK TIMES, don't forget to send one to President BUSH!!!

Best wishes

Comment

I am sure these people will be in big trouble I believe they shold be charged for Human Rights Violation. I think your case asides from an unlawful Deportation Case you are now being illegally detained that calls for arbitary detention.

Please lets help our fellow man, come on you guys.

Comment

What are the rules and regulations for someones PASSPORT to be held?

How long is the normal period the IMMIGRATION can hold the passport of this guy, does anyone know?

Johnson I will try and bring this case to the attention of my brother he is a reporter for channel 7.

Be patient, JUSTICE WILL BE SERVED.

Comment

Need more info... where are you in Indonesia? Do you know anyone there who knows how to speak the language? Have you tried to just pay the immigration officers there?

Comment

I just check the DOS site. The US embassy in the Indonesian capital is open.

Comment

There is more to the story. common. please tell the whole story.

Comment

SIR,

THAT IS REALLY THE STORY, MY HUSBAND HAD NO HEARING, NO TRIALS, NO ARRAIGNMENT. HE DECIDED TO GO AND HIS PASSPORT WAS HELD. WE WERE TOLD TO PAY ABOUT US$50,000 TO HAVE THE CASE DISMISSED, BUT WE DON'T HAVE THAT MONEY.

THANK YOU,

MRS.SALLY ANG

Comment

Working...
                              X