N-400 fee

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• N-400 fee

I mailed my N-400 on Friday 03/28/03 and with a check of $238.00 $188.00 for N-400 and $50 for finger printing. I was checking the new BCIS website today and they have changed the fees for N-400 to $260.00. My questions is what will happend to my application will the VSC will just send it back to me or can I go ahead and mail them a check for the rest of the amount? Thank you for your comments or suggestions.

I mailed my N-400 on Friday 03/28/03 and with a check of $238.00 $188.00 for N-400 and $50 for finger printing. I was checking the new BCIS website today and they have changed the fees for N-400 to $260.00. My questions is what will happend to my application will the VSC will just send it back to me or can I go ahead and mail them a check for the rest of the amount? Thank you for your comments or suggestions.

Comment

You do not have to send any additional money unless they ask you for it. BCIS just came into existence after you mailed the Form. As such, may be it will not apply to you.
      Good luck.

Comment

The thing is the fees went up on the 27th

http://www.immigration.gov/graphics/...022703_fee.htm

"All applications and petitions filed with INS on or after February 27, 2003 must comply with the new fee schedule. (The readjusted fee table is attached.) Applications and petitions not accompanied by the increased fee will be rejected with a request to submit the appropriate amount.

"

Comment

To guest:
          Marie is right, the fee went up since Feb. 27, 2003. So you will have to wait till you receive back you papers and then you can forward correct fee of $260.00. Do not try to send difference of Fee now.
          Good luck.

Comment

Working...
          X