Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How long does the H1B stay in place when one gets fired?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How long does the H1B stay in place when one gets fired?

I have an H1B visa, and have recently learned that my company is planning major lay off round.
    Though it's not clear whether I would be one of the unfortunate ones or not, I started looking for a new job.
    My question is - how much time from the lay off day will the visa stay in place? When would it be canceled? Would that require me to go through the entire visa approval process all over again?

Thanks!

I have an H1B visa, and have recently learned that my company is planning major lay off round.
    Though it's not clear whether I would be one of the unfortunate ones or not, I started looking for a new job.
    My question is - how much time from the lay off day will the visa stay in place? When would it be canceled? Would that require me to go through the entire visa approval process all over again?

Thanks!

Comment

you've got 30 days to find a new job and file a new petition. I fyou can't do it within 30 days, you need to leave the U.S.
      However, If you find a new employer in 30 days, you need to file a new petitition, pay the $1000, but may be excempt from the annual numerical limit on issued H1-B visa numbers.

Comment

Yes, and I would add that you must leave by the deadline. If you overstay, the penalties will be harsh and you will end up without a job in the end anyway.

Comment

Working...
        X