New to this, but have some questions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to this, but have some questions

Not sure where to start so will begin at the beginning,,,, over a year a go, i met a man in the US,,,,, in a short amount of time, me and my kids moved here (US) from canada,,,, we have no papers, no visa's, etc,,, we are planning on getting married this coming Feb 29th,,, and then i guess the procedure will begin for citizenship, naturalization, etc,,,, any suggestions to make this happen faster or easier?

Not sure where to start so will begin at the beginning,,,, over a year a go, i met a man in the US,,,,, in a short amount of time, me and my kids moved here (US) from canada,,,, we have no papers, no visa's, etc,,, we are planning on getting married this coming Feb 29th,,, and then i guess the procedure will begin for citizenship, naturalization, etc,,,, any suggestions to make this happen faster or easier?

Comment

I dont think there is a faster or quicker way, but your immigrant intent will be forgiven by virtue of usc marriage. you'll have to file 1-130 with service center who adjudicates for the state in which you reside.

Comment

HMMMMMMMM, never really felt stupid till i read your reply,, btw i thank you for that,,,,,,,but what is a 1-130? We have considered going down to the local INS office,, being that we have been told by a number of peeps how easy it was for them to get a temp SS#,,,, but to be honest,,,, that scares the **** out of me,,,,,, since being in the US,, my b/f, fiance has been supporting me and my children 100%,,,,, not that that makes a big difference i guess,,,, i just am tired of being lumped into the "alien" category,,,,

Comment

Working...
        X