OPT work illegally, will INS know ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OPT work illegally, will INS know ?

I'm using my OPT and SSN to work illegally at a gas station. Will INS know about this ? Will SSA and/or IRS notifies INS ?

I'm using my OPT and SSN to work illegally at a gas station. Will INS know about this ? Will SSA and/or IRS notifies INS ?

Comment

Yes, INS will know. Why don't you take cash instead of check.

Comment

I know I should have taken cash instead of checks. But then, how will INS know ? Does SSA and/or IRS notifies INS about my employment ?

Comment

c'mon guys...i'm just a little girl who needs help... how will INS know about this ?

Comment

Well, it may come out if you decide to apply for LPR. At that time your tax records may be verified. If you have W2 from the gas station while you were on OPT then INS can find out.

Untill that time I don't think it is at all likely that INS will find out. But it could mess up any chance of LPR later. You have to decide if the risk is worth it.

Comment

Well, i got some time to answer yr question. Filing the tax is not a requirement at the time of adjusting status (green card) under the immigration law , and BCIS will never check anything from IRS to find out whether or not you have worked illegally. However, it is a PRIME requirement at the time of NATURALIZATION, but BCIS will check your tax history for the only times when you were LPR, which means the time prior to LPR would not be checked or considered anything against you at the time of naturalization. So, hope you will understand that it not a problem to you at the time of adjusting status.

Nevertheless, there are two forms- (1) 9004 which each applicant for adjusting status needs to file at the time of adjusting status, and that form clearly asks you when did you file the last tax and further tax information, and (2) G-325A which asks all the record of yr employments for the last 5 yrs. You must not lie to BCIS on these forms regardless, otherwise they will deny yr case just because of lying to them. Even though the purpose of these forms is just for record purpose and to notify to IRS about yr status after you become LPR, BCIS can use the information provided on these forms against you if it appears that you were working illegally sometime in the past, which means BCIS may deny your application unless you have USC relative or if you will file yr application before sec. 245(i) is expired if it extends next time around, because then you will be forgiven because of this technical violation of immigration law.

Whether or not BCIS would come to know about yr illegal-whereabout thru other agencies, then answer is YES, they can, because Dept. of Homeland Security just recently issued a memo to all Fedral and State agencies to cooperate with this Department in order to succeed the purpose of creation of this Department. They are in the process of electronically linking the system of BCIS with SSA, IRS, DMV offices, U.S. Marshal, State and Fedral Courts and etc. In addition, DHS opened a SPECIAL UNIT in the local offices of BCIS in Los Angles, New York, Chicago, Texas, and Virgina, and the only job of this unit is to track down the people who are here illegal here which include criminals. These Units work 24 hours in 3 shift, and do get cooperation with all the govt. agencies in order to achieve their goals. They have apprehended 14,000 in March, and 30,000 in April. The Govt is pursuing up very aggressively on this issue since they were highly criticized previously in the Congress on this 'illegal immigrants' issue which made Mr. James Ziggler, ex-commissioner of INS, to resign from his job for his failure in enforcing immigration laws. In addition, you must also know that we are living in a different AMERICA after 9/11 incident, and America will never be the same as it used to be prior to 9/11. So, i would say you better be very careful, because if you haven't caught yet then it doesn't mean that you won't be caught in future, specifically in the view of unbelievable happenings thesedays. You can never predict govt's future action, but the ball is in your arena right now.

I am just wondering how a "LITTLE GIRL" like you can work as a "MACHO MAN'S JOB" at GAS STATION. Take care.

Comment

I sense that sammy is not song

Comment

Darkchild, oh yeah
                  Toni Braxton, oh
                  Ha-ha, uh-huh
                  Yeah, uh, uh
                  Darkchild yeah

Listen girl
                  Who do you think I am ?
                  Don't you know that he was my man ?
                  But I chose to let him go
                  So why do you act like I still care about him ?
                  Looking at me like I'm hurt
                  When I'm the one who said I didn't want it to work
                  Don't you forget I had him first ?

What you thinkin' ?
                  Stop playing me
                  He wasn't man enough for me
                  If you don't know now here's chance
                  I've already had your man
                  Do you wonder just where he's been, yeah ?
                  Not be worried about him
                  Now it's time you know the truth
                  I think he's just the man for you

What are you thinking ?
                  Do you know about us back them ?
                  Do you know about your husband, girlfriend ?
                  I'm not thinking ˜bout him
                  But you married him
                  Do you know I made him leave ?
                  Do you know he begged to stay with me ?

Listen girl
                  Didn't he tell you the truth ?
                  If not then why don't you ask him ?
                  The maybe you can be more into him
                  Instead of worrying about me
                  And hopefully you won't find
                  All the reasons why his love didn't count
                  And why we couldn't work it out

What you thinkin' ?
                  Stop playing me
                  If you don't know now here's chance
                  I've already had your man
                  Do you wonder just where he's been, yeah ?
                  Not be worried about him
                  Now it's time you know the truth
                  I think he's just the man for you

What are you thinking ?
                  But you married him

What are you thinking ?
                  But you married him

Oh yeah
                  So many reasons why are love is through, yeah
                  What makes you think he'll be good to you, no
                  It makes no sense cause he will never change
                  Girl you better recognize the game, oh yeah

What are you thinking ?
                  But you married him
                  You know I made him leave
                  And you know he begged to stay with me

What are you thinking ?
                  But you married him

Comment

That is not true! INS WILL CHECK with the Socail security when you apply for AOS! Why do you think you fill in 4 G-28 forms?

They are sent to different state departments to see what your record is like! Working illegally is only forgiven if you are married to a US citizen!

All other AOS it isnt forgiven! If you dont tell the INS that you have worked illegally you are witholding information and they will find out when they get g-28 info back from IRS. If you tell them you automatically disqualify for AOS.

It is a very serious situation and people arent aware of it! So wasn't I. My problem was solved as I was married to a US citizen!

Comment

Tommy, what kind of stupid are you who is trying to comment to us, who doesn't even know that G-28 is a form which only informs the BCIS that you are represented by an attorney. You don't need to file this form if you don't have any attorney on your case. Why BCIS will check with ssa at the time of AOS when person has no any legal status here to work even if person has EAD, but not legal status.

Comment

Not all "illegal jobs" are created equally. If you worked illegally for less than or equal to 180 days, you will be allowed to adjust your status to LPR. Moreover, even if you worked illegally for more than 180 days, you will still be allowed to adjust your status to LPR if it occured before you last legal entry into this country. In other words, the number of days of illegal work is counted since your last inspected entry. For example, say a person with an F1 visa worked illegally for 2 years. Then he returned to his country. Let's say 1 year later he came back to US with H1 visa. He is now allowed to adjust to LPR because his illegal worked occured before his last entry. This is covered in Section 245(k) of immigration law. Hope this helps.

Comment

to Song: "...I should have taken cash instead of checks".....no, you should have obeyed our laws instead of thinking you didn't have to do so. Obviously you did not learn much in school. go back to the chapters on rules, regulations, laws, etc. You earned an "F"

Comment

Song, you should start following our laws and rules, and must stop looking around ways to manipulate the system for your own sakes. How you can be good citizen of this country in the future when you don't care the laws of this country from beginning for your own sakes, and wants the govt to reward you for breaking our laws.

Comment

Right, otherwise you will be detained for indefinately under terrorism charge even though you have nothing to do with it.

Comment

Working...
                              X