Question for Sammy/Umesh/Mohan

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question for Sammy/Umesh/Mohan

I found this info at a website called visalaw.com.
    "Lawful permanent residents who obtained their status through marriage as a spouse of a US citizen or permanent resident are precluded for a period of five years from getting approval for second-preference visa petition filed for a new spouse. The bar does not apply if the petition can show by "clear and convincing" evidence that the relevant earlier marriage was not entered into for purposes of getting a green card. It also does not apply if the first spouse died."
    I would like to know if this is really a law?

I found this info at a website called visalaw.com.
    "Lawful permanent residents who obtained their status through marriage as a spouse of a US citizen or permanent resident are precluded for a period of five years from getting approval for second-preference visa petition filed for a new spouse. The bar does not apply if the petition can show by "clear and convincing" evidence that the relevant earlier marriage was not entered into for purposes of getting a green card. It also does not apply if the first spouse died."
    I would like to know if this is really a law?

Comment

YEs, this is real and apply to protct the marriage fraud. and time limit is five years.

Comment

Working...
      X