priority dates

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• priority dates

In 1994, I petitioned my sons for green card. The applications were approved and assigned a priority date of 15Feb1994. Last year I became a citizen. After citizenship was confirmed, I was upgraded from F2B to F1B however; the upgrade resulted in an additional 5 years wait time pushing Priority Date back to July 1989.
    I asked BCIS to leave my status, (F2B) which I believe is my choice, the Green Cards are almost ready to be issued and Visa application sent to Embassy in Manila.
    Response from the Visa Center to my request to retain F2B status was they were not sure if the CSPA would apply. Do you have any suggestions to resolve this issue?

In 1994, I petitioned my sons for green card. The applications were approved and assigned a priority date of 15Feb1994. Last year I became a citizen. After citizenship was confirmed, I was upgraded from F2B to F1B however; the upgrade resulted in an additional 5 years wait time pushing Priority Date back to July 1989.
    I asked BCIS to leave my status, (F2B) which I believe is my choice, the Green Cards are almost ready to be issued and Visa application sent to Embassy in Manila.
    Response from the Visa Center to my request to retain F2B status was they were not sure if the CSPA would apply. Do you have any suggestions to resolve this issue?

Comment

Working...
    X