EAD - Vermont

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EAD - Vermont

I haven't recieved my EAD although its been more than 90 days since filling my I-765. What do you suggest should I wait for more or walk into a field office and request one. I have heard that they have stopped processing EAD's on walk in basis. Is there an unofficial freeze on EAD's also? Please share your experiences I am kind of worried now. I will greatly appreciate.

I haven't recieved my EAD although its been more than 90 days since filling my I-765. What do you suggest should I wait for more or walk into a field office and request one. I have heard that they have stopped processing EAD's on walk in basis. Is there an unofficial freeze on EAD's also? Please share your experiences I am kind of worried now. I will greatly appreciate.

Comment

First check the status online. Vermont processes I-765 applications in 30-60 days. The application may have been approved, but the card may never have been sent or it may have been lost in the mail.

If the application has been pending over 90 days, the local INS office has the authority to issue an EAD, but may not for various reasons. One common reason is that although an applicant may be eligible for an EAD, they may not be eligible under the conditions they filed for. For example, a fiance(e) of a USC is eligible to file for work authorization after entering the US as a "K-1". However, "K" status is only valid for 90 days, so by the time the Service Center adjudicates the application, the person is no longer eligible, is denied, and has to file a second application in conjunction with their adjustment application.

Comment

Thanks for your input, Sapius. My case is I-140, employment based. I am wondering if the freeze on I-485 adjudication also affects EAD?

Comment

The freeze on naturalization and adjustment cases isn't supposed to hold up the issuance of other benefits such as EAD and travel documents. However, with the increased emphasis on security, everything is slower.

Comment

I checked this morning the status of my EAD application and I learned it's been approved after exactly 57 days from date of receipt. Here is my opinion why many folks haven't received theirs yet:
            Long ago when I applied for my first EAD, I received a notice from INS by saying that I didn't produced enough evidences about my economical situation and I should add more of those. I did it and it took me about 4 months to get the card. When I asked for renewal, after the 90 days processing limit on the receipt, I wrote a letter to INS asking about the status of my application. They didn't respond my inquiry but sent me the card in less than a week instead. I think the card was already issued and just "put aside" on a stack. It took about 4 1/2 months. I think the "Processing Times" timeline, at least for EAD based on F1, is not necessarily followed by INS. I think in most of the cases it depends more on the paperwork that is subimitted by the applicant (evidences, documents, etc) and the mood the INS official is in as well. Add to it the fact that the agency is being revamped by the government and this can affect timing.
            In your case, I think it's acceptable not having it approved/denied by the 90th day. Be a bit more patient; I think you're still in good shape!
            Good Luck!

Comment

Thanks all for your valuable advice I believe I should be patient and wait. Baiano, I haven't recieved any RFE's and online status has been showing the same old standard message that my application was recieved on such and such date, reciepts have been mailed and such application takes so many days to process. I have also tried calling the VSC telephone line and got constant busy message. That got me worried a little. I hope this wait is not going to be an eternal one.
              Happy new year to you all.

Comment

It took me 10 month to get my EAD(they promisse 30 to 90 days, ha-ha).They were very surprised to see me getting my employment and interview in the same week.It seems like INS has nothing but time.
                I would recommend to contact office in Laguna Niguel,CA(at least this is what they told me to do).
                Keep bother them, write and call so they remmember your name, It helps some time.Good luck.

Comment

kathy,
                  what reason did they give you for the delay, 10 months is a long time and I am sure you must have inquired about the status many times.

Comment

Working...
                  X