Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• grounds of inadmissibility

Hello,
    I came to Us on Student Visa. I m still in status and doing my B.S. Three years ago I was charged with the crime of "Receipt of Stolen Property". The out come of the case was, 3 years of DEFERRED PROBATION(its not a conviction according to a TEXAS LAW), but it is a conviction according to INS. But the my point is I wasn't sentenced to any jail time. I did my probation n the judge terminated early my probation because of my good character.

U all must have Heard about INS special registration. I went to INS office and got myself registered. They ask me about my case but they let me go because i got only probation with NO JAIL TIME.

My visa will expire in MAY 2004, I want to go back to my country to meet my family before my visa get expired. I m afraid, I may not get entry into USA becaus of my crime. I read grounds of inadmissibility, it requires a six months of imprisonment to apply the ground of inadmissibility to an alien.

if u have any information or if u can guide me, please post ur reply as soon as u can and please try to post in detail

thanks

Hello,
    I came to Us on Student Visa. I m still in status and doing my B.S. Three years ago I was charged with the crime of "Receipt of Stolen Property". The out come of the case was, 3 years of DEFERRED PROBATION(its not a conviction according to a TEXAS LAW), but it is a conviction according to INS. But the my point is I wasn't sentenced to any jail time. I did my probation n the judge terminated early my probation because of my good character.

U all must have Heard about INS special registration. I went to INS office and got myself registered. They ask me about my case but they let me go because i got only probation with NO JAIL TIME.

My visa will expire in MAY 2004, I want to go back to my country to meet my family before my visa get expired. I m afraid, I may not get entry into USA becaus of my crime. I read grounds of inadmissibility, it requires a six months of imprisonment to apply the ground of inadmissibility to an alien.

if u have any information or if u can guide me, please post ur reply as soon as u can and please try to post in detail

thanks

Comment

deport illegal aliens

Comment

i don't know much about this topic.

feel sorry for u

Comment

u didn't serve anytime,
          so i think there won't be any problem

but b4 u leave , consult ur attorney or school official

good luck

Comment