TIMELINE for AOS

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TIMELINE for AOS

I am a US Citizen in LA. petitioned for wife Jan 31, 03. she got her EAD in April, had her Finger Prints in April as well. When should we expect to be called for an interview? Her control Date is Feb 21,03....

Thanks
    KOKO

I am a US Citizen in LA. petitioned for wife Jan 31, 03. she got her EAD in April, had her Finger Prints in April as well. When should we expect to be called for an interview? Her control Date is Feb 21,03....

Thanks
    KOKO

Comment

Hey KOKO,

I'm really surprised by the short time BCIS in Los Angeles processed your case.
      I'm a USC, too, and my wife had to wait for 6 months for fingerprinting, and she has no clues on how long she still has to wait for the nterview.
      I wonder why it takes so long for some applicants(under the same status) while others have their case processed in such a short time?!
      By the way, did you file yourself or paid a lawyer to file for you?

Good Luck!

Comment

Hello Surprised,

Where did you file the I-485? What state are you in?

I did file myself. Lawyers just charge you more money and things tend to take longer with them. Los Angeles is considered one of the fastest processing centers I heard compared to other states.

I called the national BCIS 800 number and they have informed me that it could take up to 24 months and I SHOCKED. But that was years ago. Now it should take much less than 24 months and I wanted to see if anyone knew / experienced.

Good luck to you

Comment

This subject was brought up not too long ago. We are in the same "boat". Filed for husband in October, Finger printing in November. EDD in December and now waiting for AOS.

There was a lady on this board, who recently posted, that they filed on the same day as we did. They were already called in and her husband got his GC in the beginning of June.

I have spoken to an employee of our local Representative. He said that right now the average time is 9 mos from the time of filing. He said that if by mid July we won't get anything in the mail, to call his office, so they can investigate.

BTW, we filed ourselves too in the Downtown office in L.A.

Hope that helps.

Comment

Thanks alot COM2LA for sharing the info. This is very helpful.

Comment

cocko, it'll take a little while. Be patient.

Comment

Working...
              X