Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Child Citizenship

Hi could someone tell me
    what step forien born child have to take.

The situation is like follows.

1. Kid X(1 years old) is
    forien born forien chitizen.
    There is no conection with USA except
    his father(Called Mr. X) was
    and just
    naturalized when he was

Hi could someone tell me

1. Kid X(1 years old) is
    There is no conection with USA except
    his father(Called Mr. X) was
    and just
    naturalized when he was

Comment

Ohpps, I started again.
      Hi could someone tell me

Child-X(1 years old) is
      There was no conection with USA except
      his father(Called Mr.Y) was
      PR and just naturalized when
      Kid-X was 5 month old.

Now Mr.Y is a USC and plan to petition
      for immigrant visa for his Kid-X.
      But can Kid-X be automaticaaly citizen?
      or Kid-X can naturalize by N600 submitted
      by Mr.Y?

What is the easiest and fastest process for
      the Kid-X to get USC.

Comment

Goodsun:

It's sounds like father was married, when he was LPR. He had a child. Now father is a USC. is this what you are tring to say?

Comment

Hi Sab34
          Thank you for reply.
          Yes.
          The child was born to PR not Citien
          outside USA from a mother.

The mother is not USC nor PR.
          Just forien citizen.

To live togather, the PR father was just naturalized.

Now he is USC and plans to apply for
          PR for his spuse and new born child
          with I-130.

But I am not sure once the child become PR,
          if the new born child can be USC
          by the naturalization immidiately after
          he become PR. Or is there any short cut?

Comment

Good sun:

Now I another question for you.

Q. 1. Is mother married to LPR?

Q. 2. If you are the father and was LPR, working in Foreign Country, you should have brought back the child on your LPR Status. and the child should have been the LPR and at the time of your Naturalization, if you would have included the childs detailed in N-400 your child could have been the citizen now.
            How you can proceed now: What about his birth certificate? What language is that? please explain? I am sab34's brother.FSN

Comment

GoodSun:

I was looking into your case and it looks like that you can also apply for the certificate of Citizenship for your child what you will have to do is this:

1. Complete affidavit of physical present;
              form: Physical Present in US; From: To:
              August 1984 - Sep.1987
              Nov. 1987 - Oct. 1991
              Dec. 1991 - Dec. 1994
              2 OUT ofUS: Oct. 1987 - Nov. 1987)
              Nov. 1991 - Dec. 1991)
              This is the way you should account for all your years,months, and days you were in the US. and in the same manner you should make a list of your time out of US. The time in US will allow you to Tranmit the citizenship to your child. IF YOUR CHILD WAS BORN ON OR AFTER NOV.14, 1986. THEN YOU NEED TO HAVE ONLY FIVE YEARS PHYSICAL PRESENT IN THE US. IF YOU STILL HAVE ANY QUESTION COME BACK ON BOARD.

Comment

Hi Sab34 and FSN

Thank you for your suggestion and help.
                It is really helpful!

Comment

GoodSun

Just out of curiousity where your child was born?

Comment

GoodSun: Here is a nother Good news for your Child:
                    The Child Citizenship Act amends the immigration and Nationality Act(INA) to provide US Citizenship to certain foreigh born children including adopted children of US Citizens.Who are under the age of 18 years and have at least one parent who is a US Citizen whether by birth or naturalization will benefit from this law.

If you want a Certificate of Citizenship for biological child you will file FORM N-600 Application for Certificate of Citizenship with a $185.00 fee. How about this?

Comment

I would like to clarify the law as it applies- as I understand the question. If the father had been a citizen *at the time* the child was born, then the child is a citizenautomatically. One could use N-600, but an alternative would be to just apply for a U.S. passport at a U.S. consulate. However, since it appears that father naturalized *after* child's birth, then he must apply using I-130. Child must use foreign passport to receive immigrant visa. HOWEVER- the child will become a citizen upon arrival. Once the following conditions are met (going from memory), a person automatically becomes a citizen:
                      1- LPR
                      2-One parent is citizen when child is under 18
                      3-child resides w/citizen parent

Comment

GoodSun:

Now I have some doubt, How the Child Enter the US.

1. Child born to Father,LPR+Foreign Mother= child must enter on IV
                        or he can enter US within his 2nd birth day as dependent of an LPR, Again You will have to go to the US Embassy, with the childs bith certificate, Your GC, Passport+spouses passport, with childs 4 photos and a fee. The Consular Section will issue a Transportation letters in the sealed cover for the deliver to
                        1. For Air line. (2) For Departing Immigrtion Office.(3) for POE Immigration and (4) Parents Copy.

2. If One parent citien other is Alien, the USC will complete, Passport Application, Application for Consular Report of Birth of a child born aborad, Complete Affidavite of Physical Presence in the US 3 photos. and a fee $.
                        Child born after, Nov.14, 1986 USC will have to meet 5years residence in US. to transimt the citizenship.

Comment

Katycab:

Their is no question about the citizenship if One USC+Alien, and father can proof that he was in US for 5years. Child is a US Citizen.
                          I just got that N-600 for my friend Both parents are US and child is still GC. This is the lack of information on the part of BCIS/INS Staff.
                          Child enter with mother on Immigration visa, mother had included in her N-400 the child's name, and his A # and give them the photos as well. The child should be a citizen along with his mother.

Comment

Sab34-

I agree there is no doubt that if father is USC *at time of birth* then child is USC, automatically. BUT, if father did not naturalize until day after birth of child, then the child does not *become* a citizen on the day of father's naturalization. But the child can still receive IV, and becomes a citizen upon arrival.

I am not clear on your second paragraph. Are you referring to your friends situation, or to Goodsun's? Goodsun's issue doesn't allow mother to become USC for at tleast three years, iff married to father.

Comment

Hi
                              Thank you for your reply.
                              The Child citizenship Act amended in
                              2000 is pretty complex and I would like to
                              make sure my understanding is ok.

Thank you!

Comment

Working...
                              X