Opt to H-1

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opt to H-1

A consulting company has sponsored my H-1 and my OPT is expiring in a weeks time. Can some one please tell me if the visa petition is rejected then where do I stand. DO i have to leave the country immediately or do I get some days to get another sponsor. Advice is appreciated.

I need to stay in the US legally as I have canadian imm. interview coming up.Please advice.

Thanks,
    Champak Bhoomia.

A consulting company has sponsored my H-1 and my OPT is expiring in a weeks time. Can some one please tell me if the visa petition is rejected then where do I stand. DO i have to leave the country immediately or do I get some days to get another sponsor. Advice is appreciated.

I need to stay in the US legally as I have canadian imm. interview coming up.Please advice.

Thanks,
    Champak Bhoomia.

Comment

Hear's my advice. As long as you know you're being sponsored, then, return home and wait for your H1 to go through.

One thing for sure is Canadian immigration offices in the USA will not interview you while you're out-of-status or illegal in the states; Canada will probably require that you return home to process your immigration to Canada from your home country.

Either way, when your return home it could all be a win-win situation for you. I believe you're given 60days to leave the states after your OPT EAD document expire without any penalties on your part if you wnat to return to the US on future dates

Comment

Working...
      X