want to petition my 6 year old daughter

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• want to petition my 6 year old daughter

I am a naturlized USC. I have a six year old daughter out of wedlock living with my mother back in my country. I have applied to petition my mother a month ago. I also want to petition my daughter at the same time but I am not sure if I will get in trouble from the BCIS due to the fact that I wasn't able to include or acknowledge her at the beginning when I applied for fiancee visa 5 years ago. The reason for that was because my present husband doesn't want to support her or bring her here to live with us. Recently he changed his mind and gave me the consent to petition my daughter. My question now is that, am I going to get in trouble for concealing the presence of my daughter? What are the consequences of my situation? Is there a hope in bring her here? I appreciate any comments and legal advice about my situation.

I am a naturlized USC. I have a six year old daughter out of wedlock living with my mother back in my country. I have applied to petition my mother a month ago. I also want to petition my daughter at the same time but I am not sure if I will get in trouble from the BCIS due to the fact that I wasn't able to include or acknowledge her at the beginning when I applied for fiancee visa 5 years ago. The reason for that was because my present husband doesn't want to support her or bring her here to live with us. Recently he changed his mind and gave me the consent to petition my daughter. My question now is that, am I going to get in trouble for concealing the presence of my daughter? What are the consequences of my situation? Is there a hope in bring her here? I appreciate any comments and legal advice about my situation.

Comment

You should should sponsor your daughter immediately. If Immigration will raise this question then you can explain them, why you did not put her name there. It is understandable and in case they ask you for DNA test then you should submit to that. If Immigration starts giving you hard time then you can seek assistance from your Congressman or Senators.
      Good luck.

Comment

Working...
      X