foreign address on AR-11

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• foreign address on AR-11

Although I am a US permanent resident, I temporarily work abroad. To be in compliance with the newly enforced rule requiring that all immigrants inform the INS of the address change, I submitted the form to the INS where I provided them with my foreign address. I did indicate that this address is temporary and is valid only for 1.5 years. I also attached a sticky note to the form stating that I had obtained the reentry permit prior to my departure. And yet I wonder whether my foreign address might be construed by the INS officer entering my information into their database as abandonment of residency. Does anybody have any thoughts on that? Thanks!

Although I am a US permanent resident, I temporarily work abroad. To be in compliance with the newly enforced rule requiring that all immigrants inform the INS of the address change, I submitted the form to the INS where I provided them with my foreign address. I did indicate that this address is temporary and is valid only for 1.5 years. I also attached a sticky note to the form stating that I had obtained the reentry permit prior to my departure. And yet I wonder whether my foreign address might be construed by the INS officer entering my information into their database as abandonment of residency. Does anybody have any thoughts on that? Thanks!

Comment

Working...
    X