please help me with foreign spouse issue

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• please help me with foreign spouse issue

Thanks in advance for everybody's input.
    My boyfriend and I are planning to get married soon but we are not sure if we should do it in the US or in France (he's french, I am a US citizen). He will move to the US eventually.
    The question is, is it easier/faster to get the visa/immigration paperwork done when married in US or abroad so he can move here? or it doesn't make any difference?
    If we get married in the US, must he live here for certain period of time before we can get married?
    For those of you who get married abroad, how long does it take until your spouse can actually move to the US? weeks? months? years?
    Is there a link for more info on this?
    thanks !

Thanks in advance for everybody's input.
    My boyfriend and I are planning to get married soon but we are not sure if we should do it in the US or in France (he's french, I am a US citizen). He will move to the US eventually.
    The question is, is it easier/faster to get the visa/immigration paperwork done when married in US or abroad so he can move here? or it doesn't make any difference?
    If we get married in the US, must he live here for certain period of time before we can get married?
    For those of you who get married abroad, how long does it take until your spouse can actually move to the US? weeks? months? years?
    Is there a link for more info on this?
    thanks !

Comment

i got married abroad, and filed for K3 visa when i returned home (3/12/03).. spouse has just now been scheduled for visa interview on 11/10/03. since its india, i tend to beleive they are slower than thick molassis, and its not the norm to take this long to get actual interview. you can apply for K1 fiance visa with him in france, which is supposed 2b faster than spousal visa. You must marry within 90 days of his entering usa on fiance visa. Also, there is criteria for each one that you should go thru. Do a google search for K1 / K3 visa's. Luck to ya

Comment

You can File abroad. But you would have to do all the paper work in advance and take it with you. You would have to have your fiance find out which US Embassy in France accepts walk up interviews for married couples. I am not sure if they do have it in France this kind of system. But in India my uncle who is a US citizen he got married in India and went to New Delhi and did an interview withhis wife. And his wife came to the USA in 90 days. So I hope gives you the same luck.
        Thanks,
        Vpatel

Comment

Working...
        X