X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• no more illegal aliens

California Illegal Alien Driver's License Bill (SB60) Suspended

From CCIR -- 4/28/03 - 5:30 PM PDT

Thanks to YOUR support and special thanks to two great CCIR members, Lupe Moreno and Angie Morfin who drove to Sacramento to oppose this treacherous bill, SB60 (driver's licenses to illegal aliens was "suspended" for a year or more!

However, we need to keep up the fight to defeat two pro-illegal alien and terrorist bills.

AB522 by Assemblyman Manny Diaz forces city and county officers and employees to accept the Matricula Consular (illegal alien Mexican ID card), as "valid ID"

AB25 by Assemblyman Fabian Nunez forces all state agencies to accept ID cards issued by any foreign nation as valid ID. Both provide a "free pass" for terrorists and must be stopped NOW. PLEASE contact your Assemblyperson and advise them to vote NO on both these bills or lose YOUR vote and any future financial support from YOU!

California Illegal Alien Driver's License Bill (SB60) Suspended

From CCIR -- 4/28/03 - 5:30 PM PDT

Thanks to YOUR support and special thanks to two great CCIR members, Lupe Moreno and Angie Morfin who drove to Sacramento to oppose this treacherous bill, SB60 (driver's licenses to illegal aliens was "suspended" for a year or more!

However, we need to keep up the fight to defeat two pro-illegal alien and terrorist bills.

AB522 by Assemblyman Manny Diaz forces city and county officers and employees to accept the Matricula Consular (illegal alien Mexican ID card), as "valid ID"

AB25 by Assemblyman Fabian Nunez forces all state agencies to accept ID cards issued by any foreign nation as valid ID. Both provide a "free pass" for terrorists and must be stopped NOW. PLEASE contact your Assemblyperson and advise them to vote NO on both these bills or lose YOUR vote and any future financial support from YOU!

Comment

immigrants should be allowed to obtain drivers license in order for them buy car insurance. If you are involved in a car accident driven by an immigrant who has no license and no car insurance, you cannot claim any money for repair and medical bills. your opposition to this law does not make any sense.

Comment

he did not say immigrant,he said illegal alian

Comment

illegal immigrants also drive and they too can be involved in road accidents

Comment

I can just see it now, while the original poster is too busy patting himself on the back, gets in to a car accident with an illegal who has no insurance thanks again to the original poster...

Comment

there is no such thing as an illegal immigrant,once you are illegal,your not an immigrant. You are an alian

Comment

Hah! Helloooo ?!?!?! All immigrants are ALIENS according to the law untile they naturalize.

Comment

Why aren't they arrested and deported when they show up to apply?? The DMV is a government agency and as such is required to report illegal activity. Being in this country illegally is DUH illegal!!

Comment

to "anni":
                    You missed the point. No illegal immigrant is going to show up at DMV if they are not allowed to have the drivers license in the first place.
                    Are you saying we trap them ? tell them to come to DMV and arrest them ?

Comment

Lets issue them drivers licenses before we deport them... that way they can drive back to the USA.... this is the most ludicrous posting I have seen yet.

Illegal or not illegal we are talking about people, who attempt to live the most normal lives possible while here... and yes that does include driving in many circumstances, and paying taxes if at all possible. Most undocumented workers do everything they can to follow the law as closely as possible so they do not screw up future chances for naturalization and so that they do not get deported. If you take away some of the most basic things, you will just put them in a position where theya re forced to break more laws... and then you will complain that they broke those laws. Haven't you figured out that if you don't want people to break laws, laws have to make sense? Laws should not be made KNOWING that people will find it necessary to break them.

Think about it, imagine you were living in a country and needed to work, and needed to be able to get to work. You were told that you could not have a drivers license - but you could have a car, and you do have a drivers license from your own country, which might very well be accepted by a police officer if you were ever stopped.....

What would you do (and if you answer I wouldn't be illegal in the first place it just shows your inability to reason logically or beyond things that you cannot comprehend.)

Comment

Allowing immigrants to obtain drivers license will benefit not only them but also general public in the event of road accidents and for general identification purposes. Besides, it will add revenues (license fee) to many cash-strapped states.

Comment

I just think we should help the immigrants community to obtain drivers license so that we can identify who they are and, of course, to allow them to drive legally. It will not change the fact that they entered the country illegally.

Comment

it will be easier to track down. license fee, insurance, tickets and fine all goes towards the favour of USC/LPR. auto theft will be less too.

Comment

Having had my car rear-ended three times by those without licence or insurance, I definitely think it is necessary for people to be able to have a driver's license, regardless of status. My insurance company had to pay in each of these instances, and decided not to pursue garnishing wages from people who had little to no income. (Total damages to my car was over $10,000, on a 1 year old car!) Though they said my insurance rates didn't go up, because I was not at fault, certainly all that do pay insurance, pay higher rates because of the uninsured. So, first poster, really you should think more logically.

Comment

Working...
                              X