J Waiver application over the processing time

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• J Waiver application over the processing time

4 years ago I studied here for 2 semesters on a J-1 visa. Then I switched to F1 and have been in legal status ever since. I applied for a J-waiver on No Objection basis in August 2001, two whole years ago. To date, no resolution. The normal processing time listed on the Sate Dept's website is 4-8 wks. They keep telling me they have not received an opinion from the sponsor USAID, who gave me money 4 years ago. Two years seems like a long period of time. What are my options? I need a resolution SOON. Thanks very much.

4 years ago I studied here for 2 semesters on a J-1 visa. Then I switched to F1 and have been in legal status ever since. I applied for a J-waiver on No Objection basis in August 2001, two whole years ago. To date, no resolution. The normal processing time listed on the Sate Dept's website is 4-8 wks. They keep telling me they have not received an opinion from the sponsor USAID, who gave me money 4 years ago. Two years seems like a long period of time. What are my options? I need a resolution SOON. Thanks very much.

Comment

To add to my question re the J-waiver delay, would it be worthwhile hiring an attorney and would that speed up the process?

Any info is greatly appreciated.

Comment

Not really.

Comment

Working...
        X