Traveling on an H-1B

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Traveling on an H-1B

My partner got his J-1 visa transferred to an H-1B visa last fall. We want to travel somewhere in Europe (Portugal or Italy) in September and were wondering if it would be problematic after Sept. 11th? He is Indian (not Muslim) and has not left the country since getting his H-1B. In addition to getting a visa for the country which we are visiting, he'd have to make an appt. with the American embassy to get his H-1B stamped, from what I understand.

Does anyone have any experience or advise regarding this? Would it be better to go to Canada/Mexico or his home country to get the visa stamped?

Thanks.

My partner got his J-1 visa transferred to an H-1B visa last fall. We want to travel somewhere in Europe (Portugal or Italy) in September and were wondering if it would be problematic after Sept. 11th? He is Indian (not Muslim) and has not left the country since getting his H-1B. In addition to getting a visa for the country which we are visiting, he'd have to make an appt. with the American embassy to get his H-1B stamped, from what I understand.

Does anyone have any experience or advise regarding this? Would it be better to go to Canada/Mexico or his home country to get the visa stamped?

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
    X