Drivers license and Documents!...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drivers license and Documents!...

I have been at the dps office about 6 times, and no one receives any document as a verification besides the "primary documents"; I just got my new passport (no visa tough), and I can't even renew neither the DL or My ID (more than 2 years expired)!...

I know a woman that just got hers at the same office I went to, and she presented only her passport with no visa (I think she was lucky)!...

I also heard that there's a way to get a DL thru getting a lawyer (immigration lawyer probably), but the expenses to get this is around $ 600.00 USD!...

Does anybody knows anyway to get a DL?...

It's funny tough, 'cause I think it might be easy to get a new DL in stead of a renewal, and keeping my actual driving record; and I say this because the procedure to get a new license with no SSN involves to get a new DL procedure (affidavit and showing no SSN), and to renew the one I have involves showing proof of SSN (wich I don't have); and they won't take My old DL as a proof that I got a DL....Get it?!...

I have been at the dps office about 6 times, and no one receives any document as a verification besides the "primary documents"; I just got my new passport (no visa tough), and I can't even renew neither the DL or My ID (more than 2 years expired)!...

I know a woman that just got hers at the same office I went to, and she presented only her passport with no visa (I think she was lucky)!...

I also heard that there's a way to get a DL thru getting a lawyer (immigration lawyer probably), but the expenses to get this is around $ 600.00 USD!...

Does anybody knows anyway to get a DL?...

It's funny tough, 'cause I think it might be easy to get a new DL in stead of a renewal, and keeping my actual driving record; and I say this because the procedure to get a new license with no SSN involves to get a new DL procedure (affidavit and showing no SSN), and to renew the one I have involves showing proof of SSN (wich I don't have); and they won't take My old DL as a proof that I got a DL....Get it?!...

Comment

which state are you in ?

Comment

Houston Texas.

Comment

It is not easy anymore.I can't get a license myself eventhough married to USC.But if you find something I'd be interested too!!!!
          I've heard you should try at different offices in TX!!!

Comment

In California, they signed a new bill so you can get yr DL even if you are undocumented.

How come you are married to USC and do not have a DL ? dID YOU FILE FOR YOUR aos ???

Comment

I believe there won't be any other way right now than traveling to California as soon as possible!...

Comment

Hopeful...marrying a USC and applying for AOS does not allow you to get a DL. In NJ you need to have a SSN to get a drivers license. If you have an EAD or are here legally per the BCIS, you can get a SSN. But in NJ if you have no proof that you are here legally, you can not get a DL. I am afraid that more and more states will be going in this direction.

Comment

The CALIFORNIA BILL will not be in EFFECT UNTIL JANUARY 2004 that means UNTIL THEN, you need to have a SSN and PROOF OF LEGAL PRESENCE in the COUNTRY.

Try MICHIGAN...

Comment

Working...
                  X