No announcement yet.

need help sammy or anyone; aos pending!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need help sammy or anyone; aos pending!

I entered the u.s legally under the life act. My visa was going to expire on my 21st birthday. My sponsor,(my father) could do nothing because he is a green card holder and not a citizen.However before my visa's expiration, my stepmother who is a citizen of the u.s and u.k filed for AOS on my behalf through a lawyer.This was possible because he was married to her since i was a minor. During the following months, i received my EAD and SS.Iam now waiting for i.n.s to call me. Could you tell me what is my next step?

I entered the u.s legally under the life act. My visa was going to expire on my 21st birthday. My sponsor,(my father) could do nothing because he is a green card holder and not a citizen.However before my visa's expiration, my stepmother who is a citizen of the u.s and u.k filed for AOS on my behalf through a lawyer.This was possible because he was married to her since i was a minor. During the following months, i received my EAD and SS.Iam now waiting for i.n.s to call me. Could you tell me what is my next step?

Comment

Well, since you're now an adjustee, the only thing to do is to sit tight and wait till your I-485 is approved. Then you'll receive your GC. I can't imagine there's anything else to it besides that. Just make sure to renew the EAD every year if you work, to avoid immigration issue.

Comment

Thank you for replying marmaduk, it was very kind of you. May god bless you.

Comment

Working...
        X