marriage question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• marriage question

I came here with a F-1 visa six years ago and i got my EAD but expired six months ago. I have a girlfriend and i explain the situation to her about me possibly getting deported or removed because of my overstaying and she said that she will marry me to keep me here. I'm from dominican republic and we are not in the special registration that it's going on right now. Do i have to filed a I-130, I-485, EAD and i think i need a waiver because of my overstaying. How long it will take to get an EAD? i filed my forms in the service center up in vermont, i heard thats the quickest one to process paperwork. How quick should i get marry and send those papers in?
    Thanks

I came here with a F-1 visa six years ago and i got my EAD but expired six months ago. I have a girlfriend and i explain the situation to her about me possibly getting deported or removed because of my overstaying and she said that she will marry me to keep me here. I'm from dominican republic and we are not in the special registration that it's going on right now. Do i have to filed a I-130, I-485, EAD and i think i need a waiver because of my overstaying. How long it will take to get an EAD? i filed my forms in the service center up in vermont, i heard thats the quickest one to process paperwork. How quick should i get marry and send those papers in?
    Thanks

Comment

After marriage , you can now file your application concurrently but your AOS will not be adjucated until your I-130 is approved. You can apply for EAD and you might be able to get it on the same day of filing. No waiver needed if you enter the country legally, no criminal convictions or no removal proceedings against you.

Comment

are you positive brownfox? should i send the I-130 first? or should i send the whole package deal with AOS, I-130, EAD and waiver?
        Thanks

Comment

Rather than filing the I-130 now and AOS later, why not file everything all at once? It'll be easier on you and give you peace of mind knowing that all you have do is wait after you file.

Comment

If I were you just file concurrently so your status is lifted to a higher category meaning if you file your AOS ( I-485 ) you have a pending AOS application. But as I said you need your I-130 approved first before your interview for AOS. If your AOS approved then you will get your GC. Why are you so engrossed with waiver? You don't need any waiver because you were inspected when you came to the US.Only a spouse of USC who came to the US fraudulently is illegible for waiver. Don't volunteer to give waiver if not asked. You have a cleancut case, don't worry about your overstay or unauthorized work, those will be forgiven. In a way INS is happy to admit a person who won't be a load to society.

Comment

Working...
            X