BELARUS

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BELARUS

I AM FROM BELARUS AND DO NOT WANT TO RETURN BECAUSE OF THE BAD SITUATION THERE.(COMMUNIST, WAR ETC). DOES ANYONE KNOW IF I MIGHT BE ABLE TO STAY IN THE US BECAUSE OF POLITICAL ASSYLUM?

I AM FROM BELARUS AND DO NOT WANT TO RETURN BECAUSE OF THE BAD SITUATION THERE.(COMMUNIST, WAR ETC). DOES ANYONE KNOW IF I MIGHT BE ABLE TO STAY IN THE US BECAUSE OF POLITICAL ASSYLUM?

Comment

Here is the info from the INS page on asylum:

http://www.ins.gov/graphics/services.../AsylumHDI.htm

It's pretty straight forward.

Comment

I HAVE A FRIEND WHO HAS A LEGAL DRIVERS LICENSE FROM AL. AND WAS STOPPED TODAY (NO TRAFFIC VIOLATION) BY BORDER CONTROL IN TEXAS. hE DID NOT HAVE HIS PASSPORT WITH HIM AND THEY ARE DETAINING HIM IN JAIL UNTIL THE BORDER CONTROL HAS THE PASSPORT. IS THIS LEGAL??

Comment

pat you might want to start a new posting for your topic, but to answer your question - I believe that it may be legal - although not alwasy known or complied with, non-resident immigrants are required to have their passports with them at all times.... so there must be a penalty of some type if they are caught without the passport.

Tennis - take a look at the web page that marie suggested, it looks pretty helpful.

Good Luck

Comment

THANKS, I DID START A NEW PAGE AND WENT TO THE SITE YOU SUGGESTED AND FOUND IT HELPFUL.

Comment

Working...
            X