Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Social security #

Dear Mr. Mohan,

I got my employment authorization. I had a social security no. before. Do I have to go back to the office to get a new one or Can I endorse this number to the new authorization card or can I use the old number? Pls confirm please. Kindly I need an answer today.

Thanks
    Kevin

Dear Mr. Mohan,

I got my employment authorization. I had a social security no. before. Do I have to go back to the office to get a new one or Can I endorse this number to the new authorization card or can I use the old number? Pls confirm please. Kindly I need an answer today.

Thanks
    Kevin

Comment

You can use the old number. Go to the SS office and show them your new card; I assume it's the I-688. They will then change your SS card and on it , there will be a line saying 'Authorized to work only with INS permission' something like that.

Comment

You need to go to Social Security office, fill out new form and present EAD. The SS number will remain the same. You'll receive new SS card with notation "Valid for work with INS (USCIS?) authorization".

Comment

Ghost

Actually got my ss # in 1993. I did not use my work authorization also, I left the country for an emergency and could n't come back. So I dinot pay tax or anything. Is this Ok if I go and show my # to them

Thanks
          kevin

Comment

Sorry, Ghost. We must have been typing our replies at the same time.

Comment

In their form they ask do you have a ss#. Do you want me to tel them the number or leave it blank? pls help. I do not want to mae a mistake.

Thanks
              anyone pls

Comment

Sorry, I did not thank you at all. Sorry for my mistakes. Pls let me know do I have to give them my ss#. pls help me
                Thanks
                Kevin

Comment

No prob Aibolit,

Use your same number. If they tell you it's not in, you can always apply for a new one. The last thing you want is two social on your name.

Comment

Dear friends,

Tomorrow when I go to the office, I will tell them or fill the application with the old ss# and other details and will submit the authorization card, if I do not write he ss# in that column is that OK? pls confirm

Thanks

Kevin

Comment

AIBOLIT, GHOST

PLS LET ME KNOW DO I HAVE TO WRITE THE SS# IN THE COLUMN THEY ASK FOR THE NUMBER OR LEAVE IT BLANK?
                      kEVIN

Comment

Mr. Mohan or anybody

pls reply

thanks
                        Kevin

Comment

Wherever it says enter SS # or ever used any . Put the same # .Remeber do not use a different . If they tell you that they don't have records of it, only then apply for a new one.

Comment

Working...
                          X