Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please, Anyone

Hi Friends,

I am a USC, born and raised here. I have a Love that is residing in Italy at the moment illegally (over stayed his visitors visa if I understand him right). He is trying so hard to find work there so he can pay to have legal documents written up, but no one will hire him since he is illegal. He is originally from Morocco, but has not been back home for almost 11 years.

We have been in contact with each other now for over two years, but we have never met. I know what all of you are going to say about this, but please, understand me. I really have to trust my instincts here. It has never failed me yet. I know there is always a first time, but how will I know until I have tried.

I just don't know what to do or who to contact to bring him here. We are both in a finacial bind that bars us from meeting even though I have a very respectable, fairly good paying, and stable career. I really need him here with me and I know that even if it doesn't work, I will be able to help him find a good start here and we would always remain friends, but I know in my heart we will be so happy together.

Please, tell me, advice me, suggest to me, anything and everything that I may be able to do to get him here.

Until we meet, my life is on hold.

Thanks for taking your time to read this, for your understanding, and your suggestions.

Hi Friends,

I am a USC, born and raised here. I have a Love that is residing in Italy at the moment illegally (over stayed his visitors visa if I understand him right). He is trying so hard to find work there so he can pay to have legal documents written up, but no one will hire him since he is illegal. He is originally from Morocco, but has not been back home for almost 11 years.

We have been in contact with each other now for over two years, but we have never met. I know what all of you are going to say about this, but please, understand me. I really have to trust my instincts here. It has never failed me yet. I know there is always a first time, but how will I know until I have tried.

I just don't know what to do or who to contact to bring him here. We are both in a finacial bind that bars us from meeting even though I have a very respectable, fairly good paying, and stable career. I really need him here with me and I know that even if it doesn't work, I will be able to help him find a good start here and we would always remain friends, but I know in my heart we will be so happy together.

Please, tell me, advice me, suggest to me, anything and everything that I may be able to do to get him here.

Until we meet, my life is on hold.

Thanks for taking your time to read this, for your understanding, and your suggestions.

Comment

if you have a respectable career as you say, then you can afford a ticket for $300 round trip to go meet him that'all what you need..he can accommodate you cannot he ???
      I think it's better to meet him before taking any further step...good luck

Comment

well i forgot to add that you cannot file for him unless he is yr fiance or husband,,yes INS are kind of old fashion lol
        if you have not met him physically, INS do not
        approve...
        good luck

Comment

I understand, kind of how I met my wife but I was in the US at the time.

I assume you guys chat on the internet? My friend is right, in order to be able to file a "fiance" visa you guys have to meet physically at least once! I think you can arrange that if you want to be him. Then you can come back and file the fiance visa and he can come over to US after its approval and you guys can get married in 90 days after his arrival. Sounds simple, but his illegal status in Italy? That might be a problem yet I have no information on that.

I wish you the best, I hope you guys can get together.

God Bless...

Comment

As suggested in above threads, it will be better to go to Italy for a week or so and meet the guy. After that if you still feel, this person is love of your life, then make a second trip get married there stay with him for couple of weeks and sponsor him at U.S. Consulate in Italy. It will be very fast and when he will be here, he will get Green Card. If you want to take it easy, then visit him and get engaged, have photographs together and sponsor him for Fiance Visa, as suggested by Bushmaster.
            Good Luck.

Comment

I would like to thank each of you for your kind and generous responses. I know you do not know all of the details about our situations. We have been talking by phone for 2 years and yes we did meet in chat.

I am a teacher, and I just got custody of my grandson (young grandma, wink). I just bought a house about 2 years ago and am sending my youngest son through college. I have just about used all of my sick days and personal leave from work because of all of the court days that have been involved in my grandsons case. I co-signed for my other daughter on a car and wound up having to refinance it for a very steep monthly payment. Believe me, if I could have found a plane ticket for $300 we would have met by now. But, now that I have my grandson, it would really be hard for me to take that trip.

But, since we are on the subject, does anyone know if we would be able to follow through with the fiance' visa since he is not legal in Italy?

I really hope some of this clears things up a little better and yes, I am doing my best to come up with the money and the time to meet him.

Thank you again for your concern and your advice.

God Bless all of you, also.

Comment

There seems no other way out. Until you meet him and have a ring ceremony, he can not be labelled as your Fiance. So you will have to take a trip. May be you will have to make some arrangements for your grandson or take him to Italy with you.
                Good luck.

Comment

I'm an Italian Citizen and an American Citizen. I live in Italy.

An American tourist (which is what you are) has no rights whatsoever to come to Italy and marry a person who is an illegal alien in this country. Even if you applied for and were granted an Italian resident visa, you would not be allowed to marry an illegal alien because you are not an Italian citizen.

Your boyfriend has to go back to Morocco (where he is legal) and you can go there and marry him.

Comment

Regarding Italian Laws, the people living there or Italians know better. As Cecibean says that illegals can not get married in Italy, it would be better to discuss with your love. May be this law mentioned by Cecibean is for Italians not for people from other nations.
                    Good Luck.

Comment

I really cannot believe your response.

It is possible for an illegal alien in the US to marry an American citizen and adjust his status. It is also possible for an illegal alien in Italy to marry an Italian citizen and adjust his status.

However, it is NOT possible for an illegal alien in the United States to marry a person who is visiting the US as a tourist. Why do you think it would be any different in Italy?

The lady could try to get an Italian resident visa but this is not likely to happen unless she has a job in Italy but if she doesn't speak Italian, no one will hire her. After three months, she will also become illegal just like her boyfriend. She would be required to go back to the US and he would be required to go back to Morocco which he should have already done.

The American citizen has no rights in Italy and cannot help him at all. The only way they can marry each other is for them to get married in Morocco.

Comment

Cecibean, I really don't know why you are being so harsh because all my boyfriend was trying to do was to make himself a better life. He was in Moscow, Russia for 10 years and got a visa to Italy to see his brother in which is a legal citizen there. His brother adviced him once he was there, he would help him get his legal documents and he would be able to be with me that much sooner. My boyfriend gave him all of his money that he saved up to have the papers done. When his brother came back, he had no papers and no money. He used it for other purposes. The only intentions my boyfriend had in mind when he went to Italy was so he could get his papers, work, and then focus on being with me as soon as possible. He was told it would be very easy for him to come and be with me once his papers were complete. Now, he has nothing.

He is a very good man and thinks of others before himself even when he has nothing. He has lived a very hard life being a foreigner, being turned away, getting less pay as others, being treated like crap, but he still has a strong heart and talks bad about nobody.

I guess I really didn't need to say all of this, but I really am hurting here. I love this man so very much and I have grown to know him and have felt all of his troubles he has had to face within the last two years. We have been through so much together as if I have already met him.

I need nothing more than to be with this man and for him to be with me, but with what options?

Please, don't be so judgemental.

Comment

Sister, if this guy has been in Italy for 11 years and he is not a resident, then something is wrong with this guy. Italy do give residency to people if you are willing to work any job especially construction and other regular jobs and the pay is well over 12 dollars american.

I know people from Morocco that reside in Italy, and I know lots lots lots of people that went to Italy and got their papers in less than a year, but they are willing to work, to do the work that Italians won't do. The Italians don't required you to get married to an Italian Citizen to become resident. What a law!!!

I believe that this Moroccan person in Italy will be required to go back to Morocco to apply for his papers in the American ambassy since he can't apply in Italy as a legal resident. Good luck

Comment

I think if you would go back and reread the post I am sure it will read resided 10 years in Moscow, not Italy. Only 4 months in Italy. He has not been home, Morocco, for almost 11 years. Besides that, he has looked and has been looking for work every day. He is in construction, but no one will hire him without his papers.

Thanks for your responses.

Comment

It's hard to be away from your love one but the things you're telling us doesn't make sense. I believe in what you say but I'm skeptical with your boyfriend's situation. It's really easy to file a k-visa but he can't file for his papers in Italy, he needs to go back to his country of origin.His status in Italy has nothing to do with your intended application.All you need is more or less $500 for the fees and you can ask anybody in this board on how and what forms to fill out.But my advise for you is to know him better or meet him in person. Money is immaterial, you can come up with something, ask for a loan or get your 401k if you are really desperate for money.There are many positive things you can get from this: you will know him better, you might have change of heart,(possible),this is one of the requirements for INS, and you might pick up something that you can't from the internet.I hate to be skeptical but I think he is just giving some sad stories, many think Americans are wealthy.

Comment

Working...
                              X