Passport Expired

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Passport Expired

I am sure this question has been asked before so I am sorry in advance....

I am waiting to go for my interview to be approved for my green card.
    My passport will expire in the new year. What will happen if my passport expires before my interview. Is there any place I can go in the US to renew a Canadian passport before my interview?
    I am really hoping that the interview goes well and they will stamp my passport that day so I can go back and visit my family.
    Any help will be appreciated.
    Thankyou.

I am sure this question has been asked before so I am sorry in advance....

I am waiting to go for my interview to be approved for my green card.
    My passport will expire in the new year. What will happen if my passport expires before my interview. Is there any place I can go in the US to renew a Canadian passport before my interview?
    I am really hoping that the interview goes well and they will stamp my passport that day so I can go back and visit my family.
    Any help will be appreciated.
    Thankyou.

Comment

Call your consular (Canadian consular). Normally passport can be renewed about 6 months before its expired. But I don't know Canadian passport, I think its standard. So call them first and ask the steps.

Consular normally do renew passport for its citizen. No harm to call and ask.

Good luck.

Comment

Hi Me2,

thanks for your response!
        Do you mean the Canadian Consular in the US here? I am sure that is what you meant but just double checking!

Comment

Sure, thats what your passport from right (Canadian citizen). So get the phone number for Canadian Consular in US. You can get it from surf the internet, go to google.com and type Canada Embassy or Canada Consular. It will lead you to the website and get the number.

Good luck.

Comment

Working...
          X