Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FI question

My Case Information:

- I am a transfer student in an undergrad school and I will be completing my minimum course requirements in Dec 2002.
    - I would like to take an additional class for independent research study (3 credits) and work with my professor in Spring of 2003 and I plan to graduate in May 2003.
    - My VISA is valid until Sep 2003 and my IPO recently stamped my I-20 as valid until "Feb 2004".

My questions:
    1. Can i travel outside US for three weeks in the christmas/new year break later this month? Will there be a problem for me to come back into the country at the port of entry? Should i get an OPT before i go to India?

My Case Information:

- I am a transfer student in an undergrad school and I will be completing my minimum course requirements in Dec 2002.
    - I would like to take an additional class for independent research study (3 credits) and work with my professor in Spring of 2003 and I plan to graduate in May 2003.
    - My VISA is valid until Sep 2003 and my IPO recently stamped my I-20 as valid until "Feb 2004".

My questions:
    1. Can i travel outside US for three weeks in the christmas/new year break later this month? Will there be a problem for me to come back into the country at the port of entry? Should i get an OPT before i go to India?

Comment

You are okay. You can go back to your country without any problems when you try to come back into the US.

Comment

But remember to have your I-20 signed up on the back by your DSO before you step out of the country!

Comment

Working...
        X