Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Green Card phases. Processing them in parallel?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Green Card phases. Processing them in parallel?

I just heard from my lawyer that it is now possible to apply for the second (i-140) and third phases (adj. of status) of the work based Green Card process in parallel. I just recently applied for the laber certification.
    Is that really possible? How come?

Many thanks,

Boni

I just heard from my lawyer that it is now possible to apply for the second (i-140) and third phases (adj. of status) of the work based Green Card process in parallel. I just recently applied for the laber certification.
    Is that really possible? How come?

Many thanks,

Boni

Comment

Hi Boni, This is what I understand in your post: Middle of last year, INS issued a new regulation, it was the so called "concurrent filing" which is you can file your I-130 with your I-485 and I-765(EAD) at the same time, unless you have an approved Labor certification. Way back, you have to wait for the approval of I-130 before you can file for permanent residency or adjustment of status(I-140). Hope this answers your question.

Comment

Yes,it is true. You can (and should) file I-140 and I-485 along with EAD and AP at the same time upon approval of LC. However, don't be under impression, that it is going to be parallel processing. INS will make a decision on I-140 first, and only then adjudicate I-485. But because it will be done by the same INS officer, it will still be faster than separate filings.

Comment

Working...
        X