Removal of Conditional Residence

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Removal of Conditional Residence

I received Conditional Residence in 2000 I apply to remove the it in 2002. I received a letter stating my travel and work authorization has been extended for 1 year. I recently checked the proceesing time at the Vermont Service Center and the currently processing time is 2/1/02 to remove conditonal residience. However I recently spoke to my INS attorney and she told me , the the processed to remove conditional residence can take up to 3-4 years. I was wondering if that is true and if anyone can shed some thought on their experience with INS.

I received Conditional Residence in 2000 I apply to remove the it in 2002. I received a letter stating my travel and work authorization has been extended for 1 year. I recently checked the proceesing time at the Vermont Service Center and the currently processing time is 2/1/02 to remove conditonal residience. However I recently spoke to my INS attorney and she told me , the the processed to remove conditional residence can take up to 3-4 years. I was wondering if that is true and if anyone can shed some thought on their experience with INS.

Comment

why not just apply for citizenship? having a conditional green card is still having a green card and you only need to wait three years if you're married to a USC.

Comment

You can apply for citizenship but the definate yes will not happen until the conditions are removed from your green card.

I'm not sure how long it takes for your conditions to be removed but 3 or 4 years seems lenghty.

Comment

Working...
        X