Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Marie? Anyone Else Please provide info ASAP!! (Out of Status Marriage)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marie? Anyone Else Please provide info ASAP!! (Out of Status Marriage)

Hey all,

I came to the US several years back legally as a student and have been out of status several years. I am about to get married to my GF who is a USC but have a few concerns:

1. Would I get denied cause I been out of status so long?
    2. In college about 5 yrs back I was convicted of insurance claim..long story but either way was a felony when I didnt know what felony meant so agreed to the charge. Would that GUARANTEE I do not get a green card?
    3. Is it TRUE the Police is actually arresting people at traffic stops and checking whether they are here legally or not and then arresting them ESPECIALLY if they are MUSLIMS? Seems that way from the TV news.

Anyone's help would be much appreicated.

God Bless

LL

Hey all,

I came to the US several years back legally as a student and have been out of status several years. I am about to get married to my GF who is a USC but have a few concerns:

1. Would I get denied cause I been out of status so long?
    2. In college about 5 yrs back I was convicted of insurance claim..long story but either way was a felony when I didnt know what felony meant so agreed to the charge. Would that GUARANTEE I do not get a green card?
    3. Is it TRUE the Police is actually arresting people at traffic stops and checking whether they are here legally or not and then arresting them ESPECIALLY if they are MUSLIMS? Seems that way from the TV news.

Anyone's help would be much appreicated.

God Bless

LL

Comment

First off, what visa did you come on? I'm asking because if you came on one of those visas where you have to go home for 2 years, the J visa then there isn't anything you can do, you will have to leave.

Secondly if they stop you at a light, they will run your license number and IF you are wanted by the INS, then they'll call the INS to see what they want to do. I doubt the INS will put a warrant out for you for overstaying. I doubt they have that much time.
      They are going to pull you over for a reason so....don't give them one until you get legal.

As for the felony, nothing is a guarantee, you may want to ask a lawyer about that one.

Comment

Yea bud, you may have a problem with that felony thing...

Comment

Working...
        X