Working part-time

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Working part-time

I was wondering if working part-time is legal in my case. I couldn't find the answer by browsing the Internet. My situation is the following:

I am allowed to switch to another job similar to my job and switch employers because of the 180 day rule (it has been more than 180 days since the filing of I-485 for the employment based GC and I have an EAD card).
    The only thing is that I currently attend graduate school in the evening and I can't really work full-time because of time constraints. At the same time, I don't like the job that I am doing right now. So I have 2 options:

Option 1. Take a leave from school. Find another full-time job. Return to school when GC is received.

Option 2. Find another job on a part-time basis and continue school.

Which option I choose will depend on whether I am permitted to work part-time with the EAD card and still qualify for the GC. Do you know if part-time work is allowed in this situation?

Thanks!

I was wondering if working part-time is legal in my case. I couldn't find the answer by browsing the Internet. My situation is the following:

I am allowed to switch to another job similar to my job and switch employers because of the 180 day rule (it has been more than 180 days since the filing of I-485 for the employment based GC and I have an EAD card).
    The only thing is that I currently attend graduate school in the evening and I can't really work full-time because of time constraints. At the same time, I don't like the job that I am doing right now. So I have 2 options:

Option 1. Take a leave from school. Find another full-time job. Return to school when GC is received.

Option 2. Find another job on a part-time basis and continue school.

Which option I choose will depend on whether I am permitted to work part-time with the EAD card and still qualify for the GC. Do you know if part-time work is allowed in this situation?

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
    X