Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need clarification

Need clarification:

My status was H1B till october, 2002 when I was laid off. I applied for a change of status to H4 immediately. Then in Feb, 2003 I got an offer from a different company who filed for an H1 (premimum processing) which was approved in March, 2003. THe lawyer who filed the petition requested INS to either withdraw the pending H4s or amend it so that I don't go out of status from oct, 2002 to feb, 2003. In addition, I wrote a letter to INS requesting the same once the H1 petition was approved.
    Now, I received the H4 approvals from INS in June, 2003. So what happens to the H1 that was approaved in March, 2003?

Thanks.

Need clarification:

My status was H1B till october, 2002 when I was laid off. I applied for a change of status to H4 immediately. Then in Feb, 2003 I got an offer from a different company who filed for an H1 (premimum processing) which was approved in March, 2003. THe lawyer who filed the petition requested INS to either withdraw the pending H4s or amend it so that I don't go out of status from oct, 2002 to feb, 2003. In addition, I wrote a letter to INS requesting the same once the H1 petition was approved.
    Now, I received the H4 approvals from INS in June, 2003. So what happens to the H1 that was approaved in March, 2003?

Thanks.

Comment

Since there were two separate petition as such you have received separate approvals. It seems that both applications/files were never joined. Just ask your attorney to write them a letter.
      Good luck.

Comment

Working...
      X