• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why Are Canadians So Intolerant?

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp...sh_3&printer=1

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp...sh_3&printer=1

Comment

Canadians are no more intolerant than anyone else. What you may not realize if you have never lived outside the US is that you only get part of the story from the media when you live in the US. There is a definate propoganda slant in how the U.S.'s interataction with the rest of the world is presented. I mean everyone else in the world knew that the US gov't was selling arms in the Iran-Contra days - only Americans were surprised. Do you also know that the U.S. actually tried to pass a law that would allow them to flood most of the Province of British Columbia to provide water for Los Angeles (back years and years ago). MANY of the politicians of the day actually thought that they had the right to impose their will on a foreign country.

The U.S. has a very agressive, bully mentality when it comes to the rest of the world and many countries resent it. Canada is no exception; however, that does not mean that there is a lot of common ground.

Just a few things to think about...

Comment

http://www.foxnews.com/printer_frien...,71511,00.html

Comment

Exactly ARQU, even the sort of catastrophe that happened on September 11, 2001 has to do with the direct, powerful and consistent role the United States government had in the development and strengthening of both the Taliban and Al Quaida. Through decades of CIA training in methods of sabotage and even gifts of weaponry to radical muslim fighters that Ronald Reagan referred to as the moral equivalent of the American founding fathers, the United States itself created the monster that turned on its master last September.

Jimmy Carter administration's National Security Advisor Zbigniew Brzezinski acknowledged that the United States secretly and purposefully provoked the Soviet invasion of Afghanistan ("This secret operation was an excellent idea. Its effect was to draw the Russians into the Afghan trap. You want me to regret that?") not to mention an impressive array of citations establishing the role of the Reagan/Bush administration and the CIA in training the future members of Al Quaida and the Taliban.

The truth is painful. Americans may like to believe that bear no responsibility for the attacks of September 11, that all the blame lays elsewhere, on an "evil" enemy. The fact is that it isn't so. The citizens of the United States of America are to blame in as much as they allowed a series of American Presidents to build up the very people we now say we despise.

Comment

SEPP

can you document Zbigniew Brzezinski's remarks regarding provocation of the Soviet Union.

If it is in a book, I would like to read the book.

Comment

You have to realize that there is going to be many with differing opinions. Canadians are not intolerant. That is just the way we are being presented. And if you knew any canadians you may see that they aren't what the media portray them to be like. So instead of just watching the media and believing everything they say. You should stop and think about it also and that maybe they aren't presenting it truthfully.

Comment

Listen every one, Do you believe US media? They can make a cat to lion and an elephant to mice. Same as all white house spoke persons. Listen one example, whrn Iraq used to fight with Iran, killing kurdis that time US provide all the helps to Iraq. That time not a single US official blamed Saddam after 12 years now they says Iraq is not good anymore......Because....Iraq is not serving US purpose any more in middle east That is US character. Now Canada is not good to US. Why???? Because we canadians are not willing to give company to US when they goes to War for their oil interest. That is what US does not like about Canada. Any country bend over to US foreign policy is their friends all others are Foe. Now Britain are their only friend, you know the reason. Lots of people now thinks Britain is nothing more than puppet of US. We Canadians don't want to be puppet of any country. Not any more.......!!! Will not tolerate any more Bullying from US.

That's it!.

Comment

Normally I don't argue about any type of politics, But I support this statment:

What you may not realize if you have never lived outside the US is that you only get part of the story from the media when you live in the US. There is a definate propoganda slant in how the U.S.'s interataction with the rest of the world is presented.

Why?

I was working in Kuwait when Kuwait was invaded By Iraq. I seen death as closest as I can see
                  I've seen allied forces moved and what adjectly happend there. But when I came here I've seen how it was represented to the American Public. ( I don't want to share my story )

Comment

http://www.furious.com/foundingfathers.html

Comment

I would like to clarify one aspect related to sepp's reply to my post. I agree with his comments about the activities of the US Gov't but not the conclusion.

Although it is clear that the terrorist activities are often a result of 'Reaping what is Sown', that does not justify the actions that terrorist groups take. I do feel the US is now justified in its reaction to being attacked and steps it WILL take. The world will become a different place - if it will be better or not that is impossible to tell.

In my opinion, a better way of fighting subterfuge, corruption, greed, and unethical behaviour is to expose it - not to murder innocent people. I was in NYC that day - I was no different than the USC next to me, the illegal immigrant beside him. The homeless guy leaning on the wall, the crazy guy mumbling something as he stood. The old lady pushing her cart and the lady in the suit. We were all attacked that day - every one of us, although my life was never in any actual danger - it was still an attack. Even if you were no where near NYC or you were far away in a different country - you were attacked at that moment as well. I am no more to blame for that act of cowardness than you were.

Are Americans complacent? Yes. Are Americans guilty of voting in fools, theives, and the occasional good guy? Yes. Does a better job need to be done with educating people about the facts not the rhetoric? Yes. Are the casulties of 9/11 to blame for what happened to them? No. No way. Only those who carried out that attack are to blame.

Nothing justifies the murder or maiming of the innocent especially an attack without a declaration of war or even a warning. Nothing.

Just my opinion on the matter.

Comment

Hope begins where optimism ends. If the official optimism often sounded desperate before September 11, it has an even more hollow and booming sound after. The Soviet Union pulled its troops out of Afghanistan in 1989 after a disastrous 10-year war. Under the Carter Administration, the United States had begun funding Islamic militant groups to draw the Soviets deeper into a bloody sand trap.

It was the public declaration of Zbigniew Brzezinski (who had been Carter's National Security Adviser) to a French interviewer for Le Nouvelle Observateur.

http://globalresearch.ca/articles/CHO210B.html

Another useful link,

http://www.sianews.com/modules.php?n...rder=0&thold=0

The deliberate policy of the U.S. was to deliver to the Soviet Union its very own Vietnam war. Brzezinski had no regrets in that pre-September 11 interview. On the contrary, he stated that the end of the Soviet bloc meant more in world history than stirring up a few bands of Muslim militants.

An estimated six thousand lives must now be counted among the "collateral damage" of the Cold War. That Cold War always had violent hot spots, all part of the geopolitical 3-D chess game that was being played between men in suits and uniforms.

Is this the wrong time to remember that Carter, Reagan, Bush senior, Clinton, and Bush junior have all followed that path of "pragmatism"? No, on the contrary, this is the right time to underscore the consequences of actions taken by a succession of bipartisan administrations. According to Dan Rather of CBS News on October 18, "They hate us because they're losers and we're winners." That would make the world much simpler, of course. Then democracy is not really at stake, but only the divine right of kings

Comment

Hmmm...

Comment

"username" says:

"An estimated six thousand lives must now be counted among the "collateral damage" of the Cold War."

The number of dead now stands at 2,795, but this figure is expected to fall further as investigators continue to wade through missing person reports. Take a look here:

http://www.cnn.com/2002/US/Northeast...tc.death.toll/

Comment

What difference does it make whether the victims are 5,000 or 3,000 -- they're still too many!

Comment

Working...
                              X