Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

scared and in need of help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • scared and in need of help

    I have a tricky situation which I would love some advice on...

    My husband and I married 4.5 years ago and shortly after we wed he moved to China (8 months there 4 months here) to except a fantastic job... I had known about this before we married but was assured he would sign a one year contract... 4 years later we were still only spending a third of the year together!! This is tough on a new marriage!! We recently broke up.... In the meantime we had had our interview (still together at this point), and it seems his spending so much time out of the country threw suspision on our case as I received a notice for a second interview... I sent the notice back stating that we couldn't make the appointment...

    We are now in the process of a divorce... I am in love and fully plan to marry my finace upon finalization!!

    Today... I received a second notice for interview with "Final Notice" stamped upon it...

    My questions are...

    1). If I send this notice back again denying the ability to attend, what will happen!

    2). If I am sent documentation stating that I will need to leave the country before I am able to remarry, will this add more uncertainty to an already complex case??

    Please help!! Thanks so much!

  • #2
    I have a tricky situation which I would love some advice on...

    My husband and I married 4.5 years ago and shortly after we wed he moved to China (8 months there 4 months here) to except a fantastic job... I had known about this before we married but was assured he would sign a one year contract... 4 years later we were still only spending a third of the year together!! This is tough on a new marriage!! We recently broke up.... In the meantime we had had our interview (still together at this point), and it seems his spending so much time out of the country threw suspision on our case as I received a notice for a second interview... I sent the notice back stating that we couldn't make the appointment...

    We are now in the process of a divorce... I am in love and fully plan to marry my finace upon finalization!!

    Today... I received a second notice for interview with "Final Notice" stamped upon it...

    My questions are...

    1). If I send this notice back again denying the ability to attend, what will happen!

    2). If I am sent documentation stating that I will need to leave the country before I am able to remarry, will this add more uncertainty to an already complex case??

    Please help!! Thanks so much!

    Comment


    • #3
      I don't think they limit the amount of times you cancel an interview appointment... maybe they didn't receive your first response???

      Not sure what to answer regarding how a deportation notice may add negatively to your second marriage... was that your question?

      Comment


      • #4
        IF I WERE YOU I WOULD NOT MISS THAT APPOINTMENT.

        Comment


        • #5
          Problem is, I have no choice, even if my husband agreed to come with me (which I doubt) their interigation would prove us to no longer be together!!!

          Comment


          • #6
            It's going to depend on what visa you came in on the first time. As you know, K visas have no option to stay and marry someone else. Any other visa, you have some options.

            Comment


            • #7
              Sadly I was visa-less, came in on a tourist visa!!! does that help?

              Comment


              • #8
                Yup,

                If this is the case, then just marry after your divorce and file an AOS. You have a good explanation about why you divorced the first USC. Not many marriages last when you are apart so long. Make sure you save everything that says your first marriage was entered into in good faith in case you need it later.

                Comment


                • #9
                  THANK YOU SO SO MUCH M!!!

                  Do you happen to know if it will effect things terribly if my divorce comes though after they issue me the documents asking me to leave the country... basically if they ask me to leave should I? or is it okay to ignor the notice and remarry as soon as i am able??? I shudder at the thought but???

                  Again thanks so much, you are making my night more sleepable!!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    It will take a long time to issue those docs asking you to leave. Your divorce should not take that long. What ever you do, don't leave. It will take a long long time to get you back in if you do. Immigrants adjusting status are pardoned for overstaying. It would not hurt to go to a site especially made for these good questions and learn all you can. www.britishexpats.com go to the marriage immigration section. Good people there. Not too many whiners Good luck to you.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      My ex boyfriend is in jail on an INS hold. He has lived in the United States for the past 16 years. He is from Mexico and does not have any papers of any kind. He was brought here by his father when he was 14. Is there any hope of him getting released in the United States?

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        lost,
                        I would post this message as a new post, so that more ppl will read it, with a specific subject heading.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          M... than you so much, you are very kind!

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            you are welcome

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Lost,
                              Did your boyfriend have a lawyer to give him advise? Go to http://k1.exit.com or to www.britishexpats.com and ask at the alt marriage based visa board.

                              There are 2 attorneys who post to the k1 board and they may answer your question. I would ask if you can get him back through a k1 visa once he is sent home. He may be able to get a waiver.

                              Comment



                              Working...
                              X