ins special registration

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ins special registration

for people who filed for i130 petition and married to a permanent resident . do they still have to go for ins special registration ?
    and if they are out of status ? on a b2 or b1 visa .for about 9 years without a crime or any other criminal charges ? except parking tickets

will they be deported when they go for registration ? or they will be out on a bond 1500 ?

for people who filed for i130 petition and married to a permanent resident . do they still have to go for ins special registration ?
    and if they are out of status ? on a b2 or b1 visa .for about 9 years without a crime or any other criminal charges ? except parking tickets

will they be deported when they go for registration ? or they will be out on a bond 1500 ?

Comment

Married with case pending: Less likely you'll get detained.

Emplyoyment based petition: INS has been quite suspicious of such cases lately. I strongly recommand seeking help from an immigration lawyer.

Comment

i am married to a permanent resident and her citizenship papers went out to vermont last week
        so i am just afraid if i go there and they find out that i over stayed from 1992 up n till now

they will deport me .

i130 petition pending .

thats why i am afraid

Comment

You are removable, over staying your Visa ? IS their any time they put you in deportation proceedings ?
          IF yes, you are entittled for Cencellation of removal base on Married to USC/LPR. You should file cencellation first then register.

Comment

I forget to write, You will fall under IMMAct OF 1990. which have requirement of 7 years Physical presence, and you dont require to prove Extreme Unusual hardship, But to hardship tp USC/LPR.

Comment

what is that IMMAct OF 1990
              can u explain this in english ?

Comment

This is the Law Immigration And Nationality Act of 1990. I think It was pure English. I can't see any other language here in IMMACT 1990.
                IF you only Know english, you can search Public Law 101-649 in INS database.
                May be you don't know How to search, Well your knowladge of english didnot did any good. Otherwise you should have searched in plain english.
                Here is the link.

http://www.ins.gov/lpBin/lpext.dll/i...m#publaw-begin

Comment

Mohan! by English, immigrant meant in a sentence rather than using acronyms. I don't think he meant it in a disrespectful way.

Comment

god youre crazy
                    explain to me in ENGLISH means that i am a dum *** and i don't know what IMMAct OF 1990 means ? its a phrase ? that people use in america ! its not an insult and i don't mean to be disrespectful towards you i appologise if i offended you
                    but i swear MOHAN saying that explain that to me in ENGLISH purely means that i don't know the term IMMAct OF 1990 please explain that to me fully so i will know what IMMAct OF 1990 is ?

i am sorry if you took those words the wong way

i publicly announce that i am sorry if you didn't understand me

Comment

I posted a link for you where you can access the Actual Law. I hope this solves your problem.

Here is another link
                      http://www.law.seattleu.edu/access2j...%20Article.pdf
                      Read this part
                      Page 23. Page 26, page 30, 31,And On PAge 32 Overview of requirement for cencellation Based on 240A( B) at the Last part of this section which explain the Old IMMACT90

Comment

hey mohan thanks for replying and comming back
                        hey i want to ask you . i still have to go for registration since i am an immigrant from a country where i am ashmed to admit in public
                        but my wife is a permanent resident and her citizenship papers were turned in 2 weeks ago
                        what are the chances of me gettting detained for over staying on b1 visa it expired in 1993 and i came here in 1992

can u help me with this

Comment

Mohan,

Thanks for your advise on this page.
                          I have a question for you. People who applied
                          under LIFE act(Lulac/css) and since they already have done fingerprint, photograph etc when they applied(they have workpermit) do they still have to do the special registration? Thanks

Comment

I have a question for you. People who applied
                            under LIFE act(Lulac/css)

IF YOU DIDN'T GET YOUR PERMANET RESIDENT CARD YET AND EVEN IF YOUR CASE IS IN PROCESS AND YOU BELONG TO ONE OF THE FOLLOWING MUSLIM COUNTRY THAT INS IS AFTER ( YOU HAVE TO GO FOR THAT REGISTRATION ) BECAUSE YOURE STATUS MIGHT STILL BE OUT

Comment

Reply to Mohan.
                              First of all you are not real mohan , so you can post your msg by other name, if you are also a mohan then lets make one of us change our name to different Sereen name.
                              Yes you still have to go for Registration, there are certain way to workout with the problem, So you should be prepared for it. First of all you should write what is your deadline date? Also I want to know what you have done to protect yourself, ( what you have filed).
                              By Knowing above I may suggest you what to do.

Comment

Working...
                              X