Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

denied student visa... married to US citizen... help! help! help!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• denied student visa... married to US citizen... help! help! help!

MY WIFE CAME TO THE USA HOLDING A B1 VISA WHICH IS GOOD FOR 3 MONTHS... BEFORE HER VISA WAS EXPIRED SHE APPLIED FOR AN EXTENSION FOR A MONTH AND IT WAS APPROVED... BUT WHILE WAITING FOR THE APPROVAL OF HER EXTENSION, SHE ENROLLED TO A PUBLIC SCHOOL AND SENT AN APPLICATION TO CHANGE HER STATUS TO STUDENT VISA...HER APPLICATION WAS DENIED BECAUSE OF THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE SCHOOL... THE SCHOOL NOW IS TRYING TO MAKE AN APPEAL FOR HER APPLICATION... AND WHILE THEY'RE MAKING THE APPEAL WE GET MARRIED IMMEDIATELY COZ I DON'T WANT HER TO LEAVE THE COUNTRY... OUR PROBLEM RIGHT NOW IS WHAT WE NEED TO DO AFTER WE GOT MARRIED?... WHAT WILL HAPPENED TO HER APPEAL RIGHT NOW?... DOES SHE NEED TO GO BACK TO HER COUNTRY?... CAN YOU PROVIDE US ANY INFORMATION WHERE WE CAN GET A FREE LEGAL ADVICE?... WE REALLY APPRECIATE YOUR HELP ABOUT THIS...

MY WIFE CAME TO THE USA HOLDING A B1 VISA WHICH IS GOOD FOR 3 MONTHS... BEFORE HER VISA WAS EXPIRED SHE APPLIED FOR AN EXTENSION FOR A MONTH AND IT WAS APPROVED... BUT WHILE WAITING FOR THE APPROVAL OF HER EXTENSION, SHE ENROLLED TO A PUBLIC SCHOOL AND SENT AN APPLICATION TO CHANGE HER STATUS TO STUDENT VISA...HER APPLICATION WAS DENIED BECAUSE OF THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE SCHOOL... THE SCHOOL NOW IS TRYING TO MAKE AN APPEAL FOR HER APPLICATION... AND WHILE THEY'RE MAKING THE APPEAL WE GET MARRIED IMMEDIATELY COZ I DON'T WANT HER TO LEAVE THE COUNTRY... OUR PROBLEM RIGHT NOW IS WHAT WE NEED TO DO AFTER WE GOT MARRIED?... WHAT WILL HAPPENED TO HER APPEAL RIGHT NOW?... DOES SHE NEED TO GO BACK TO HER COUNTRY?... CAN YOU PROVIDE US ANY INFORMATION WHERE WE CAN GET A FREE LEGAL ADVICE?... WE REALLY APPRECIATE YOUR HELP ABOUT THIS...

Comment

I don't think you can obtain a student visa from any kind of visa since the patriot act passed. So it's not the school's negligence, it's the law!
      If you're married now and want to adjust her status to permanent resident she'll easily overcome the overstay but may face marriage fraud issues (since she's obviously trying to obtain different kind of visas, she'll be watched carefully). consult an attorney!

Comment

Working...
      X