I-140 Reciept - Vermont

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I-140 Reciept - Vermont

My lawyer supposedly sent my I-140 to VSC in last week of August. Neither he, nor I have recieved any reciept from INS nor the INS fees checks have been cleared from the bank.
    Does it normally take 4-5 weeks for the recipt to arrive and check to clear or there is some other issue like lost package or lawyer taking me for a ride.

My lawyer supposedly sent my I-140 to VSC in last week of August. Neither he, nor I have recieved any reciept from INS nor the INS fees checks have been cleared from the bank.
    Does it normally take 4-5 weeks for the recipt to arrive and check to clear or there is some other issue like lost package or lawyer taking me for a ride.

Comment

As far as I know, it takes time when dealing with the INS. I'd wait a few more weeks or so before inquiring about it further. When paying fees, it's a good idea to pay lawyer fees and INS fees separately. That way, it will reduce any monetary "discrepancies" if you allow your lawyer to pay your filing fees on your behalf.

Comment

Working...
      X