Conversion of H1B to EB4

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Conversion of H1B to EB4

What is the procedure to be followed for converting an H1B visa to an EB4 visa?

What is the procedure to be followed for converting an H1B visa to an EB4 visa?

Comment

You cannot convert one visa to another. If you want to adjust your status in the U.S., you must file an application to adjust status. If you are outside the U.S., you must apply for the new visa in a process similar to that which you got your first visa.

Comment

Thank you very much. What I meant was to adjust the status from H1B to EB4 but I used the wrong terminology. Sorry about that. Regards,

Comment

Yes, you can adjust status in the U.S. You can file for the EB4 in the U.S. Fill out the applications to adjust status.

Comment

http://www.visasinfo.com/usa_eb4_visa.html

Although it is very suspicious for a non-R visa person to apply for EB4.

Comment

Thanks for the tip. regards,

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by federale86:
                You cannot convert one visa to another. If you want to adjust your status in the U.S., you must file an application to adjust status. If you are outside the U.S., you must apply for the new visa in a process similar to that which you got your first visa. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Comment

Concurrently filed Forms I-485 and I-765 with Form I-360 were being routinely rejected by USCIS before. But not anymore (in some cases) since the US District Court for the Western District of Washington issued a favorable order in Ruiz-Diaz v. U.S. on June 11, 2009. You may benefit from this order. Please consult with an immigration practitioner who's familiar with this case.

Comment

Thank you very much for your prompt response.

Comment

Working...
                    X