Advice on a deportation order

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice on a deportation order

I have a dear friend who is at an INS detention facility, in Southern California, waiting to be deported back to Mexico in 4 days. She was arrested for spousal battery. She is an illegal alien, but she has lived in the U.S. since the 1980's. Even her Mother has been naturalized. The problem is that she has 2 young children to care for. The Father is not capable of caring for the children. What can be done to prevent the deportation? Also, will hiring an immigration attorney prevent the deportation and get her set up with naturalization? Thanks.

I have a dear friend who is at an INS detention facility, in Southern California, waiting to be deported back to Mexico in 4 days. She was arrested for spousal battery. She is an illegal alien, but she has lived in the U.S. since the 1980's. Even her Mother has been naturalized. The problem is that she has 2 young children to care for. The Father is not capable of caring for the children. What can be done to prevent the deportation? Also, will hiring an immigration attorney prevent the deportation and get her set up with naturalization? Thanks.

Comment

How old are the children? If they are bilingual or not yet school-aged, deportation may not pose what the law would view as a "hardship" on the kids. I'd explore that route, but above all get an attorney. It may not prevent the deportation, but at least your friend will get professional advice and know what avenues to explore.

Comment

There are actually 3 children. They are ages 5, 7 and 9. They have all been raised in the U.S. so they are bilingual. They are all girls and need their Mother. The Father is a good guy but does not know how to take care of children.

Comment

Relocating may be viewed as a hardship on the kids - they're all school aged and assimilated. I wish I could be more specific and tell you exactly what to do - an attorney's advice is definitely needed here. This may be a way for her to merit staying in the US, especially if the father can be proven unfit.

Comment

Relocating may be viewed as a hardship on the kids - they're all school aged and assimilated. I wish I could be more specific and tell you exactly what to do - an attorney's advice is definitely needed here. This may be a way to prove she needs to stay in the US, especially if the father can be proven unfit.

Comment

Right!,
              The children should be her prove that she will still be able to stay here. Depending if the children are under age that they will need her care. She can have a legal advice to her attorney and it will depends on how she should be deported.

If she has a serious problem that she should be deproted. She will never ever use her children to avoid her deportation even her children are bilingual. Thanks

Comment

Working...
              X