Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• INS v. Dept. of St.

Hi there all!

I have a question that some of you may be able to clear up for me. What is the difference between filing immigration paperwork with the INS and/or Departmentof state. Is the Dapartment of State only for those filing from out of the US? Is it easier or more difficult with either one? Curiosity is killing the cat here.

Another question. I have read the info regarding an I-408, Application to Pay Off or Discharge Alien Crew. Can anyone give me a little more background info, in laymen's terms, about this. Does the crewmember still have to be working with the company. If current employment is not of issue, is is possible, or o.k. for the crewmember get in touch with his previous (cruise line) employer regarding a I-408?

Thanks in advance for any rays of light!

Hi there all!

I have a question that some of you may be able to clear up for me. What is the difference between filing immigration paperwork with the INS and/or Departmentof state. Is the Dapartment of State only for those filing from out of the US? Is it easier or more difficult with either one? Curiosity is killing the cat here.

Another question. I have read the info regarding an I-408, Application to Pay Off or Discharge Alien Crew. Can anyone give me a little more background info, in laymen's terms, about this. Does the crewmember still have to be working with the company. If current employment is not of issue, is is possible, or o.k. for the crewmember get in touch with his previous (cruise line) employer regarding a I-408?

Thanks in advance for any rays of light!

Comment

Working...
    X