Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I-751 timeline

Hello,

Just wanted to share with you the timeline for my I-751 application.

Late March- we sent out the application with all the information, proof, etc.
    Got a response a couple weeks later in April for fingerprints, etc.
    We didn't hear anything back from them until a couple days ago when we got the letter in the mail saying my husband is a permanent resident!
    All in all it took about 5 months which is very quick!
    We should be recieving the card in the mail in 30-60 days! What a relief I am sooooo happy! Good luck to you all and hopefully your processing times will be as quick as ours!

Our application was at the Vermont service center

Now.... I have a question about citizenship. I know it says that applicant has to be a permanent resident fpr 3 years, but does that count from when they got their conditional permanent residency, which in our case is two years ago, or does it count from the day you get the ACTUAL permanent residency with conditions removed? Thank you!!

Hello,

Just wanted to share with you the timeline for my I-751 application.

Late March- we sent out the application with all the information, proof, etc.
    Got a response a couple weeks later in April for fingerprints, etc.
    We didn't hear anything back from them until a couple days ago when we got the letter in the mail saying my husband is a permanent resident!
    All in all it took about 5 months which is very quick!
    We should be recieving the card in the mail in 30-60 days! What a relief I am sooooo happy! Good luck to you all and hopefully your processing times will be as quick as ours!

Our application was at the Vermont service center

Now.... I have a question about citizenship. I know it says that applicant has to be a permanent resident fpr 3 years, but does that count from when they got their conditional permanent residency, which in our case is two years ago, or does it count from the day you get the ACTUAL permanent residency with conditions removed? Thank you!!

Comment

Hi MP2006,

It counts from the date he obtained his conditional residency. He can file 2 years and 9 months after that date for US citizenship.

And congrats!!!!!

Comment

so if he got it in june of 2007, that means he can apply for the citizenship in March of 2010?

Comment

2 years, 9 months from the date the conditional card was issued. So, if it was issued in June, 2007, March of 2010 is correct.

Edit: Sorry - lol, 90 months was a typo!!!!

Comment

Working...
          X