Info on marriage visa process

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Info on marriage visa process

I hope someone can help me. I did use to think I understood how the process would work but now I confused. I am from England and I married my US Citzen wife in January this year in Scotland. I am currently over here and we applied for our I-130 in February through a lawyer. At present I am on a tourist visa waiver although that did run out in May. I have been told though that as long as I return to England before 6 months after this date is up it will not be held against me (ie banned etc) however I will not be able to come back here again on a tourist visa ever. I was wondering how long it will be before I can return here legally. (at present I will be going home once the 6 months is up). As you can imagine this is very stressful for my wife and I. Our lawyer tells us that the initial processing time will be at least 6 to 8 months from Feb. Once that happens though will it be long before I can return? Unfortunaetly our lawyer isn't the most helpful (shockingly). We are just worried that I will have to stay out of the country for a long time. Also once I come back will I be able to work/study?
    Sorry if this is confused but I'm so confused at the moment. Thak you in advance for any help anyone can give me

I hope someone can help me. I did use to think I understood how the process would work but now I confused. I am from England and I married my US Citzen wife in January this year in Scotland. I am currently over here and we applied for our I-130 in February through a lawyer. At present I am on a tourist visa waiver although that did run out in May. I have been told though that as long as I return to England before 6 months after this date is up it will not be held against me (ie banned etc) however I will not be able to come back here again on a tourist visa ever. I was wondering how long it will be before I can return here legally. (at present I will be going home once the 6 months is up). As you can imagine this is very stressful for my wife and I. Our lawyer tells us that the initial processing time will be at least 6 to 8 months from Feb. Once that happens though will it be long before I can return? Unfortunaetly our lawyer isn't the most helpful (shockingly). We are just worried that I will have to stay out of the country for a long time. Also once I come back will I be able to work/study?
    Sorry if this is confused but I'm so confused at the moment. Thak you in advance for any help anyone can give me

Comment

Unfortunately, you're going to be waiting about as long, if not longer, as what your attorney told you. Good luck.

Comment

Working...
      X