Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Illegal immigrant obtaining marriage license?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Illegal immigrant obtaining marriage license?

A friend of mine has been in the US for about 7 years now and during this time her visa expired (a couple of years now). She wants to marry a US citizen in the state of Connecticut. Will she be able to get a marriage license? She does not have a US drivers license, only her passport which will indicate her current status living in the US illegally. Do people in the goverment centers look at that or do they only need to have identification for only that purpose? Lastly, if she is able to get the marriage license can she now apply to have legal residency in the US even if she has been in this country for several years now. By the way, she is from New Zealand (not that that makes a difference). Anyhow thanks in advance for your time and suggestions.

A friend of mine has been in the US for about 7 years now and during this time her visa expired (a couple of years now). She wants to marry a US citizen in the state of Connecticut. Will she be able to get a marriage license? She does not have a US drivers license, only her passport which will indicate her current status living in the US illegally. Do people in the goverment centers look at that or do they only need to have identification for only that purpose? Lastly, if she is able to get the marriage license can she now apply to have legal residency in the US even if she has been in this country for several years now. By the way, she is from New Zealand (not that that makes a difference). Anyhow thanks in advance for your time and suggestions.

Comment

Yes, she only need a piece of ID to get her marriage license, Passport will be enough.
      there is no need for legal status for marriage.
      Its a discussion, not a legal advise..

Comment

A friend of mine was also in US for 9 years now She got married to USC BCIS are giving them hard time. BCIS they are pulling all her records. not sure it will be approved or not. Will some one expalin what they should do now?

Comment

It is not very difficult to get a marriage license. When I married my illegal husband in Nevada, all we had to show was a current photo ID. When they asked for a social we told them that he didn't have one. They said it didn't make a difference and gave us the license anyway. Of course, Nevada is known for having lax marriage laws. :-)
          Have a nice day

Comment

I need to know what to do. My boyfriend and I wish to be married shortly after I graduate college. He is an illegal immigrant from Mexico and I am a US citizen born and raised, not of the hispanic race. Does anyone know what we will have to do, what problems will arise, really any information on this topic would be so helpful. Please help me!!!

Comment

Erin

Go to www.immigrate2us.net there's a forum over there for the I-601's check it out. There are many people in the same predicament.

Comment

Working...
              X