Mohan,Sammy pls Help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mohan,Sammy pls Help

Eventhough married to a USC still unable to adjust status 'cos of crewmember visa.But saome lawyers told us we should anyway file the petition(I-130) in case some new legislation will come out,will help if we already filed.
    But isn't that risky?What if they deny the petition?
    Thanks,

Eventhough married to a USC still unable to adjust status 'cos of crewmember visa.But saome lawyers told us we should anyway file the petition(I-130) in case some new legislation will come out,will help if we already filed.
    But isn't that risky?What if they deny the petition?
    Thanks,

Comment

I-130 only proves that your marriage is bonafide. It may or may not trigger removal. As a crew mwmber you are not allowed to adjust status within USA. you can always go back and file from consulate and with waiver(if over stay)you can come back.
      If you file I-130 you have to provide the proof how you entered and it can initiate the NTA and removal proceedings.
      there are no legislation which makes you grandfathered as of today , to adjust. if any new comes it will have the time period to file too.
      If they deny you can always file again. I-130 only be denied if you can't prove that your marriage is entered in good faith.
      Its a discussion, not a legal advise..

Comment

Working...
      X