I-130 and I-485 Question?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I-130 and I-485 Question?

I got married to my wife October of 2001, we submitted our paper work for change of status on November 2001 the estimated processing time on my receipt says 10 months. It has been more than a year and we still don't have an appointment date.
    My attorney spoke to a judge regarding my case that was filed in Miami, and was told that everything was fine that my file was send to the department that gives the interviews on August 28, 2002. How long does it take for INS to contact us? Also I would like to know if I need to retake my medical exam, I took my exam on November 2001 and turned it in with my application at that time. I know that the medicals have validity for only a year, does that mean I have to take another one and re-submitted to INS?

I got married to my wife October of 2001, we submitted our paper work for change of status on November 2001 the estimated processing time on my receipt says 10 months. It has been more than a year and we still don't have an appointment date.
    My attorney spoke to a judge regarding my case that was filed in Miami, and was told that everything was fine that my file was send to the department that gives the interviews on August 28, 2002. How long does it take for INS to contact us? Also I would like to know if I need to retake my medical exam, I took my exam on November 2001 and turned it in with my application at that time. I know that the medicals have validity for only a year, does that mean I have to take another one and re-submitted to INS?

Comment

Miami usually completes adjustment cases within a year of filing. If your attorney has followed up on your case, then you will have to wait to be scheduled for interview. Don't worry about the medical. If the INS officer reviewing your case determines that it is insufficient, you will be given 30 days to submit a new one. The more important thing to worry about is your finger prints. They are only valid for 15 months, and the INS requires them to be current for your interview. If you have a record, they also need to get your RAP sheet from the FBI.

Comment

Working...
      X