Help, switching status!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help, switching status!

Does anybody know the procedure from switching from F-1 status to M-1 if I am already in the US. My F-1 is still valid for a few years and I can get a new I-20 from the institution that is under M-1. I was told I have to travel outside of the US and get a new M-1 visa? Is this true?
    Also, if I file to change(if it is possible to do this within the US, with out traveling outside of the US), and my F-1 expires, but I still have not been accepted or denied for my M-1 status, then what is my status in the US?
    Will I be out of status and illegal?
    Please help.

Does anybody know the procedure from switching from F-1 status to M-1 if I am already in the US. My F-1 is still valid for a few years and I can get a new I-20 from the institution that is under M-1. I was told I have to travel outside of the US and get a new M-1 visa? Is this true?
    Also, if I file to change(if it is possible to do this within the US, with out traveling outside of the US), and my F-1 expires, but I still have not been accepted or denied for my M-1 status, then what is my status in the US?
    Will I be out of status and illegal?
    Please help.

Comment

As long as your F-1 is still current and you have complied with your visa you may change to M-1 while in the United States.

Comment

Working...
      X