greencard-us citizenship

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• greencard-us citizenship

I have become a us resident in 1997 and love the US.A couple of months ago I moved back to my country (belgium) to live with my Belgian fiance. I can't seem to adapt anymore to this lifestyle and I might go back to the us. Is it possible for a belgium person to have a dual citizenship? Am I risking to lose my greencard while being here and could I get a citizenship while being in Belgium.I am so stressed about not being able to go back that I feel I don't give my relationship 100 percent. Thank you

I have become a us resident in 1997 and love the US.A couple of months ago I moved back to my country (belgium) to live with my Belgian fiance. I can't seem to adapt anymore to this lifestyle and I might go back to the us. Is it possible for a belgium person to have a dual citizenship? Am I risking to lose my greencard while being here and could I get a citizenship while being in Belgium.I am so stressed about not being able to go back that I feel I don't give my relationship 100 percent. Thank you

Comment

If you stay in belgium too long, you could lose your permanent residency. I don't know if it's a year.

Someone will know.

As for dual citizenship, you'd have to ask in belgium if they permit dual citizenship or ask the embassy here in the US.

Comment

Belgium is not one of the countries that allow dual citizenship after one becomes US citizen.
        You cannot wait for your citizenship abroad, you cannot even file US passport abroad lately as the new political scenario has change many things.
        But my best guess is you can stay longer in Belgium once you become a USC and easier on your part to petition your "friend" once you become a USC.

Comment

Working...
        X