I485 at newark district office

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I485 at newark district office

can anyone tell what is the waiting time to get an interview from the time of filing i485 in newark district office ?

can anyone tell what is the waiting time to get an interview from the time of filing i485 in newark district office ?

Comment

I filed in Dec 02 and had finger prints in Jan. 03 and EAD in Feb 03, and still waiting for furhter notice.

Comment

i filed in mid nov and had my fingerprinting on dec31st but since then not heard anything. i have a V visa so i got my EAD earlier itself.

my reciept says i would hear from them by MAY 12th and it is july now ?

in case u hear from them please let me know .

i have a question for you (krys) ...did they write u'r A# ON THE RECIEPT they sent to u ?

Comment

18 months.

Comment

hi waiting,
            how long does it take them to approve your i-130 and when is your priority date.that will determine when they will call you for interview.

Comment

alexajayi

my priority date on I130 is july 1997 as my i130 was filed when i married a LPR and not a citizen.

Comment

MariaHessey,

is it really 18months ?
                why did they say 6 months in the reciept which they sent to adjust status .
                for how long have u been waiting to adjust u'r status ?

Comment

i just called the 1-800 number and got to speak to someone they said the processing times for newark district office is 8 months. so i guess i should wait for 1 more month.hope i hear from them. not been to visit my family for 6 long years

Comment

hi waiting,
                    i hope you get it soon cos 1997 is a long time.i hope you have a v-visa now.and what delays the naturalisation of your spouse?
                    i filed my i-130 in 2001 and my wife is an lpr. i guess i still have a lond way to go but i hope she naturalised soon.

Comment

alexajaye,

i wish i could write my whole situation in detail here . i really hope no one is placed in my shoes ever.
                      the delay in naturalisation was becoz the fingerprinting notice was lost in the mail and then it took a long for him to get it again and by then my priority date was current. i lost almost 10months becoz he did not naturalise in time.

i do have my v visa but i really wish to travel to my country ,not sure if it will be a good idea after all this time of waiting. i just hope this whole thing comes to an end soon.

Comment

hi waiting,
                        i do advise you not to travel before your interview.your problem is almost over and good enough you will be given permanent permit not conditional one cos your marriage is more than 2 yrs, then you can do what you like.
                        good luck

Comment

My lawyer also told me 8-9 months for AOS at Newark. Waiting, A number was not on letter. A number was on EAD that they issued to us.

Comment

krys,

thanks for u'r response.

Comment

hi alexajaye,

it has been 6 years since i got married for this july. i have a son almost going to be 2 years.

i will be travelling only after my interview.
                              thanks for u'r kind advice.

Comment

Working...
                              X