chancelation of removal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• chancelation of removal

What are my chances of winning a chancelation of removal?
    8 years of stay, three USC minors?
    Am I eligible for hearing before a judge or I am subject to be put on the plane without hearing?
    My country of birth is Slovakia - similar culture to American.

What are my chances of winning a chancelation of removal?
    8 years of stay, three USC minors?
    Am I eligible for hearing before a judge or I am subject to be put on the plane without hearing?
    My country of birth is Slovakia - similar culture to American.

Comment

If you're an illegal overstay and now without any status or basis to adjust (non permanent resident alien, no citizen spouse etc.), 8 yrs. wouldn't be enugh (needs to be a minimum of 10 yrs.). It may be rather difficult once the removal process starts, but it's possible depending on your support status for your children and their mother(s). Consult an attorney and good luck!

Comment

culture has nothing to do with it.
        you are only qualify for cencellation of removal if;
        1) NO NTA or OSC issued to you( this will stop the clock for physical presence)
        2) under cencellation of removal you need 10 years of physical presence where ever under suspension or stay of deportation you need 7+ years physical presence.
        3) good moral.
        4) unusal extreme hardship to USC/LPR dependents only for cencellation of removal where ever it extremely hardship to USC/LPR dependents /and alien itself or both.
        its upto you for the chances as you know your situation better.

Comment

These posts are correct regarding the 10 years etc. needed to be staturory eligible for cancelation of removal. Thus, you don't have the years as of now. However, in order to be granted cancellation of removal you have to be nta and placed in removal proceedings. Thus, you would have to wait a little over 10 years to apply for this relief.

Comment

Working...
          X